What ARC flashlight is comparable to an E2E?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I'm thinking about getting rid of the E2E-HA ann getting an ARC. I hardly use the E2E-HA anymore. Thanks for any input. As you can tell, I know nothing about the ARC's.

Thanks

Mattman

Enlightened
If you're looking for a light that's as bright as an E2E, then you're out of luck with Arc. It's just not really a fair comparison. If you need a superior EDC light, then you get the Arc4 or LSH-P. If you need a larger, brighter light, then the E2E is better. If your sig is current, it looks like you've got the bright light side of things covered, so an Arc4 or LSH-P may be just the ticket for you. If you're willing to wait and have the budget to do it, the more powerful Arc5 may be more to your liking when it is released. I suggest browsing the forums for a while to get a good feel for what Arc has to offer.

carmel

Newly Enlightened
The E2e and Arc4+ (and Arc LSHP) are completely different animals: a one cell LED that is pure white, has an "infinite" life, and has great sidespill and moderate throw; it fits easily in a pants pocket or neck lanyard,an delivers 22-33 lumens, depending upon the version and setting / the E2e is incandescent (not as white a beam, and needs regular replacement), has great throw and moderate sidespill, and takes 2 cells; it is really too big for a pants pocket or around-the-neck lanyard; it puts out between 60 and 80 lumens. The Arcs are fully regulated, so the brightness is constant; the E2e is not.

I agree that the Arc5 will probably be comparable to the E2e in brightness (lumen output), but will be much smaller, and so an EDC. I'd wait for it to get rid of your E2e.

edward

Status
Not open for further replies.