Looking for a 18650 replacment for my ea11. $30 or under.

birdman3131

Newly Enlightened
Well it seems my ea11 has up and vanished. I assume the fastest way to find it is to replace it so I am now on the lookout for a decent 1x 18650 light. The ea11 was perfect but had poop for runtime. Before I lost it I was trying to find a replacment tube to make it take an 18650 but nobody knew of one.

Looking for under $30 if possible. I might go up to 50 if I have to but I don't really have the money at the time. It needs to match or beat the ea11 in brightness. Zoom is not necessary but if so I would much prefer the style of the coast HP1 (I think I have heard it called led lenser zoom) to the square zoom most *fire lights have.

So long as it is a 1x 18650 size is not highly important. I have so much crap in my pockets that what is a bit more?

carlb

Newly Enlightened
I just got the astrolux s1. I was sceptical on this light but a friend of mine got one so I tried one to. It's a pretty damn good light. It also comes with a shorter tube to use a 18350 battery. Claimed about 1200 lumens. Very bright and has been trouble free. I'm not sure if you can get better for $30. I got it from Banggood.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to Mountain Electronics and pick up the CUXM/CUXP drop in for about $20 shipped. You can find P60 hosts all over, but I would recommend going to Lumens Factory and getting their Seraph 6 shell only. That will put you a little over your $30 limit, but you will have a combo that will work great and last a long time.

Another option would be to drop Mountain Electronics a line and explain what you are looking for and your budget, and see what they recommend. They are a good output, well liked by the community, and always have some great deals.

hatman

Enlightened
I just got the astrolux s1. I was sceptical on this light but a friend of mine got one so I tried one to. It's a pretty damn good light. It also comes with a shorter tube to use a 18350 battery. Claimed about 1200 lumens. Very bright and has been trouble free. I'm not sure if you can get better for $30. I got it from Banggood.

Highly recommended, and not just for the price.

This model comes with three tint options (CW, neutral and warm), two size options (18650 and 18350), and two shipping locations (US and China.)

It's also sold under two different brands, which are nearly identical: the Astrolux S1 and the BLF A6.

I ordered the BLF version first and later the Astrolux. My Astrolux has a bit better finishing. The Astrolux also comes with both the 18650 and the 18350 tubes. The smaller tube is an extra cost item for the BLF version.

Get the Astrolux.

I ordered the warm tint (4000K, listed as the 5A option.) It may be the nicest warm or neutral tint of any that I have. And I have a few -- from EagleTac, ZebraLight and HDS among others.

I liked this tint so much that I got two of the 18650 versions and two of the 18350.

You can have your light sent from China or from the US.

You can guess which I recommend.

This is my first experience with an 18350 battery and getting the right one was a bit of hit and miss. I recommend ordering from a US dealer. My batteries from Banggood didn't fit; the 18350s from Tod at illuminationgear.com fit fine and he is great to deal with.

Last edited: