Motorcycles! Post em if you got em...

scout24

Flashaholic
It's that time of year here in the northeast U.S., so here's my contribution to start the thread, kind of a continuation perhaps of the old Marketplace thread. Mrs. Scout and I try to get out as often as possible on our 2010 Goldwing. Here's to a safe, sunny riding season! Let's see what else the CPF membership rides...

20160509_183915.jpg

dhunley1

Enlightened
Not the greatest pic, but this is my 04 Yamaha R6. This is my first motorcycle, and after owning it for 9 years now, it still makes me smile every time I ride.

My next bike will be an ADV bike of some sort, but I don't think I'll ever get rid of the R6.

ingineer

Newly Enlightened
Honda Ace 1100, my 17th bike, was a daily commuter. very nice on the poker runs, or trips back and forth from OH10 to NJ
now with headlight modulator.
Goldwing!!Scout i'm jealous

All the gear, all the time

scout24

Flashaholic
Very nice all! As was said several times above, safe riding to all... Ingineer- OH Ten. I love it... :) Haven't heard that in years...

scout24

Flashaholic
A recent addition to the fleet. 1972, wears an antique plate. Wait, I must be antique too, then... Appears to be original except the mufflers, which have a nice bark to them. My anti-Goldwing, as it were. :) This is an homage to the first bike I was ever on, my Uncle who passed a few years ago had a gold and black early 70's Triumph Bonneville that he used to put me up on the tank and ride around. I swear we went farther, but he insisted the official story was just around the neighborhood. I still have two photos of the Bonnie, I'll try to get one posted here.

20160520_085741.jpg

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
A recent addition to the fleet. 1972, wears an antique plate. Wait, I must be antique too, then... Appears to be original except the mufflers, which have a nice bark to them. My anti-Goldwing, as it were. :) This is an homage to the first bike I was ever on, my Uncle who passed a few years ago had a gold and black early 70's Triumph Bonneville that he used to put me up on the tank and ride around. I swear we went farther, but he insisted the official story was just around the neighborhood. I still have two photos of the Bonnie, I'll try to get one posted here.

Love it! Been scanning bike trader off and on for the last couple of years for something like that. Hoping for a '69.

1pt21

Enlightened
New rider here, rode last season on my permit and this Spring took a proper MSF riding class and got my endorsement.

Bike is a DRZ-400E that has been receiving upgrades from the day I bought her:

- 80/20 Street/Dirt tires front & rear changed from the dirt knobbies I bought it with
- Dual Sport conversion lighting kit installed (made it street legal in NJ)
- Adjustable Steering Stabilizer
- Upgraded LED headlight
- LED taillight, running light, plate light and blinkers
- Bar-End mirrors (now flipped down instead of up as in the pic)
- DRZ400-SM (SuperMoto) gearing change
- New O-Ring chain
- Water Pump fix
- Extra Capacity fuel tank (this things DRINKS more gas than I do beer)
- Bark-Buster hand guards, Radiator Guard, aluminum skid plates and crank cover (this was used only on dirt before I bought it from original owner)
- New rotors and pads just installed last weekend front and rear
- Moose Racing 3-Finger clutch lever waiting to be installed (stock is worn to hell with way to much play)

I'm sure I forgot some, but shes mostly stock and unmolested. Pulls hard with the SM gearing change from dirt gearing. A hard 1-2 shift will pull the front wheel off the ground.... Scary for a new rider. I mostly ride back roads (I live in NJ and don't want to die at 33 because people don't know how to drive and share the road with bikers, maybe I'll get there one day).

She's old but still runs like new, great 1st bike IMO. I want to keep it forever, but the wife would only like me to have one bike at at time. Working on that LOL.

Considering a Cruiser for next season, Honda Shadow 600cc (I believe) V-Twin seems like a nice cheap upgrade. Really want to be able to throw the wife on the back so we can enjoy it together, I feel so guilty after a day of riding. The sensations are like nothing words can honestly explain, and hopefully that will get her more appreciative of the hobby.

Here's how she sat last year (now 100% NJ street legal, registered and insured):

1pt21

Enlightened
Darn... Was really hoping this thread would take off. There's gotta be more riders on here!!

Really enjoying this season so far, feels so nice to be properly educated and completely legal :cool:

Ride safe out there fellas!!!!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
New rider here, rode last season on my permit and this Spring took a proper MSF riding class and got my endorsement.

Bike is a DRZ-400E that has been receiving upgrades from the day I bought her:

- 80/20 Street/Dirt tires front & rear changed from the dirt knobbies I bought it with
- Dual Sport conversion lighting kit installed (made it street legal in NJ)
- Adjustable Steering Stabilizer
- Upgraded LED headlight
- LED taillight, running light, plate light and blinkers
- Bar-End mirrors (now flipped down instead of up as in the pic)
- DRZ400-SM (SuperMoto) gearing change
- New O-Ring chain
- Water Pump fix
- Extra Capacity fuel tank (this things DRINKS more gas than I do beer)
- Bark-Buster hand guards, Radiator Guard, aluminum skid plates and crank cover (this was used only on dirt before I bought it from original owner)
- New rotors and pads just installed last weekend front and rear
- Moose Racing 3-Finger clutch lever waiting to be installed (stock is worn to hell with way to much play)

I'm sure I forgot some, but shes mostly stock and unmolested. Pulls hard with the SM gearing change from dirt gearing. A hard 1-2 shift will pull the front wheel off the ground.... Scary for a new rider. I mostly ride back roads (I live in NJ and don't want to die at 33 because people don't know how to drive and share the road with bikers, maybe I'll get there one day).

She's old but still runs like new, great 1st bike IMO. I want to keep it forever, but the wife would only like me to have one bike at at time. Working on that LOL.

Considering a Cruiser for next season, Honda Shadow 600cc (I believe) V-Twin seems like a nice cheap upgrade. Really want to be able to throw the wife on the back so we can enjoy it together, I feel so guilty after a day of riding. The sensations are like nothing words can honestly explain, and hopefully that will get her more appreciative of the hobby.

Here's how she sat last year (now 100% NJ street legal, registered and insured):

Looks like fun...

Whiz down some back road past an old logging road...
"Screeeeeeeech", turn around, drive down said logging road a while, note sun beginning to set, return to pavement and zoom back home regretting you did not wear a jacket. lol

1pt21

Enlightened
Looks like fun...

Whiz down some back road past an old logging road...
"Screeeeeeeech", turn around, drive down said logging road a while, note sun beginning to set, return to pavement and zoom back home regretting you did not wear a jacket. lol

Dude.... Have you been spying on me?!? That's literally how my ride went down last Sunday :laughing:

Dead serious..........

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Nope...not spying...

Just re-living memories from my younger days...

This site probably saved my life.
See a friend of mine (in his 30's) got bit by the vintage bike bug in 014. We were both restoring the same kind of car.
He found a 1973 bike and had me contemplating doing the same thing.
Only I had vowed some 20+ years ago to never own a street bike. Too many crazy/ distracted drivers, .... back then...
With nowhere close by to ride dirt bikes my thoughts turned to restoring a street legal dirt bike.
My wife reluctantly agreed with the idea about a year later. It was about that time I discovered CPF. Any funds for buying/ restoring a motorcycle were spent on a budding collection of flashlights. Yup.

I vowed at 47 (seconds after crashing on a downhill skateboard) that anything requiring a helmet is no longer on my 'to do' list. I was about to break that vow.

Instead I'd rather hear about your adventures 1pt.

Last edited:

jdboy

Enlightened
If had counts here's my contribution. This build took the most of one winter and help from a couple good friends.

1876a4f5c767ae2e737700b3c5187ec0.jpg