Headlamp

legendofzelda

Newly Enlightened
Trail LED - Halo Race

07e81e26510451896dbb795f89991463.jpg

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the caveat, that "best" is subjective, I like the ZebraLight headlamps.

ZL has three beam patterns: standard reflector, reflector with frosted lens, and mule (no reflector). It also offers a variety of tints and a couple of high-CRI options.

The one that tickles my fancy is the ZebraLight H600Fd Mk. III.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen this 5000lm headlamp called the boruit rj5000 with a bunch of it's clones around amazon. I think it takes 2 18650s and has a USB port so you can charge your phone with it too.

However, I never got it and I don't think I see much about it on this forum.

low

Enlightened
You might want to ask this question over in the Headlamp sector, they know what rocks.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the best of best headlamp on earth money is no issue
Impossible question to answer which is why I suppose you got a goofy answer from legendofzelda.
"Best" to me is what suits you best. For some its price, others its power, others is having someing not so heavy on the head. Some its long run time. For some it depends on the type of battery and LED. There are many variables.

For me best is a $30 to $50 headlamp made by a reputable company. Something that only takes a single battery. Something that is using one of the newer LEDs. Something that doesn't have the over the top strap and is lightweight. Something like a Fenix HL50 or HL23 :).

Skimo

Newly Enlightened
What is the best gun or knife? These things are task specific. If money is no issue, you pay to have something custom made either from an existing platform or from scratch.

playwithme

Newly Enlightened
I think it depends on your purpose.Which one is good for running?and which one is good for caving.something like that.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The boruit rj5000 is almost all plastic, The hard plastic makes it painful on the head, and the plastic makes a really-really really-really bad heatsink. Dimmer than my old malkoff hound dog at turn on, and dims even further when it heats up. like after 30 sek.....So nowhere near 5000 lumens or 3000 or whatever.. the lid for the 2x18650 is rubber...Tint is angry blue/purple. It the worst headlamp i have ever tested... The only reason i bought it (won one for 10$ on ebay) was to shut up a guy at facebook, selling them for over 100$ to pepole that dont know any better. He even sells 5000 and 10000 mAh 18650 that he claim is the best of the best for the worlds best headlamp.... lol. Now, when he tries to sell on different facebook pages im member of. i offer to sell mine for 10$ and descirbes how AWFUL it is :) No one wants to buy mine with the description im adding, so i bet they wont buy his for 100$ :)
I really like the zebralight h600fc III hi cri.

Last edited:

Koam

Newly Enlightened
Your flashlight entourage would carry the lights for you and point them in the direction you're looking.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
The boruit rj5000 is almost all plastic, The hard plastic makes it painful on the head, and the plastic makes a really-really really-really bad heatsink. Dimmer than my old malkoff hound dog at turn on, and dims even further when it heats up. like after 30 sek.....So nowhere near 5000 lumens or 3000 or whatever.. the lid for the 2x18650 is rubber...Tint is angry blue/purple. It the worst headlamp i have ever tested... The only reason i bought it (won one for 10$ on ebay) was to shut up a guy at facebook, selling them for over 100$ to pepole that dont know any better. He even sells 5000 and 10000 mAh 18650 that he claim is the best of the best for the worlds best headlamp.... lol. Now, when he tries to sell on different facebook pages im member of. i offer to sell mine for 10$ and descirbes how AWFUL it is :) No one wants to buy mine with the description im adding, so i bet they wont buy his for 100$ :)
I really like the zebralight h600fc III hi cri.

Thanks for taking the hit bro. That was actually the light that sparked my interest in high powered lights. I was seeing them for around $30 and I was amazed at the 5000 lumen claim when "high powered" flashlights in home depot and frys were in the 400 lumen range.

Then I found this forum with some real heavy hitters and claims and pics to back up the claims. Now I hardly look at the light section in stores because I know none of them will catch my interest

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Nitecore HC30 and a zebralight H600 fw Mark 2. Both great headlamps and very useful.

The HC30 is great value if you can pick it up on a group buy, but I would suggest the W suffix ( neutral white) as it is pretty cool in tint. The UI works with my brain better than the ZL!

Both of these lights are right angle head configuration.

I would definitely stick to reputable brands. :)

Latest posts