Help from fellow Hawaii CPFers

illumiGeek

Enlightened
I'm trying to find a 3C Mag, but can't seem to find one anywhere. Looked at K-Mart, Wall-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, Daie, Sam's, Costco and Sports Authority so far. I'm trying to avaoid ordering it because the shipping will cost more than the light.

Anyone seen a 3C Mag-Lite in Hawaii anywhere?

Aloha, iG

soloco

Enlightened
Okay. I just did a search online. Buy it from Amazon. It comes with free shipping. In fact it looks like they have every configuration you could think of. I just love Amazon!

3 C Cell Maglite

zackhugh

Enlightened
It's been a while since I've actually looked for a Mag but you could try one of the law enforcement stores (Security Equipment, Young Guns, etc.) and maybe McCully Bike Shop or Ace Hardware. I don't know if they actually have the model you want but you could give 'em a call.

BTW, Amazon shipping is only free if you spend $25 or more so it may make sense to take darkgear up on his offer if you don't want to buy anything else from Amazon.

ZENGHOST

Enlightened
That's cause Mr.Bulk keeps buying 'em all up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif . I actually keep an eye out for them all the time (don't know why) but I haven't seen them in quite some time. Young Guns doesn't have any Mags--I was just there on Saturday. I'll give you a holler if I see any. Oh, and you may want to check Checkers--C mags would pop up in the ads every once in awhile but the stupid Mililani store never has any that I can find.

illumiGeek

Enlightened
Who knew it would be this hard to find? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Oh well... got a few more places to look.

Soloco
Radio Shack? Hmmm... wouldn't have thought of that. On-line only shows 2C and 3D, but I suppose it won't hurt to call. Thanks.

Topper
You have my sympathy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Zackhugh
Thanks. Some good suggestions there. Was gonna try Ace but the Waipahu store closed. May have to give the other one a call.

Kanai
Ho! Ewa Beach? Howzit naybuh! Gaspro eh? Never would have thought of that. Thanks.

Zenghost
Yea, I thought about blaming Charlie, but then I remembered he uses the 2C for his Space Needles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif ... Then again, maybe he's got some other super secret project going on... Thanks for your suggestions.

BTW: City Mill has no C Mags, but they do have a bunch of LED lights that look like the "LED Lenser" stuff. IC Supply also has quite a few of them in stock as well. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone's looking. Some pretty cool lights, actually.

Aloha, iG

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Wow, late to the party brahs, sorry. iG, does it have to be a Mag "3C"? If not you could get away with a Mag 2D and sleeve it internally w/PVC pipe (I have a big length in the right size that I will probably Never use up) and cut down the rear spring. Actually it may even be a bit more compact lengthwise than the 3C, since the rear spring must be cut and sunk into the tailcap, as well as part of the third C battery. Let me know.

BTW my e-mail has been changed (see my profile) in case anybody was trying to write. WAY too much Spam!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Oh yeah, hey ZenG, when you wanna drop off that clickie? Or I can stop by tomorrow sometime. I Need it!

illumiGeek

Enlightened
Hi Charlie,

Yea, I thought about going with a 2D (especially since Daie has 'em on sale). Kinda wanted the thinner profile of the 3C, but never figured on it becoming such a quest.

arioch

Enlightened
Here on Maui, they have them at Marmac Ace Hardware.

BTW, when I first read your post, I thought you were looking for the 3D Maglight, the most ubiquitous of the Maglights next to the MiniMag, and I was thinking, "Whaaaat? Is he crazeeeee?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Anyways, aloha from "da adda ilan"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif