• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

R50 Seeker Introduction

Olightworld

Enlightened
The R50 Seeker is a USB rechargeable flashlight that delivers a maximum of 2500 lumens in a hand sized form factor. The R50 seeker features a Cree XLamp XHP50 LED with an orange peel reflector for the perfect light combination of distance and width. The R50 has over twice the light output of the previous R40 Seeker that featured the Cree XM-L2 LED. A 4500mAh rechargeable lithium ion battery is included to provide a run time of almost 4 days of light on a single charge. The light is charged through a standard Micro-USB charging port located on the tail cap of the flashlight. It also features a completely new tactile and translucent side switch for quick user response and mode switching. The R50 seeker is a powerful and versatile flashlight ideal for police, security, industrial, and home applications alike.

The R50 Seeker is currently available now at www.olightworld.com, Amazon, and several dealers worldwide.

https://olightworld.com/store/flashlight/r50-seeker.html

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FQRUA9C/?tag=cpf0b6-20

KEY FEATURES:
• Features a Cree XLamp XHP50 LED, maximum output of 2500 lumens,and runtime up to 50 hours.
• Side switch cycles through three brightness levels. double click access to Turbo while triple click access to Strobe.
• Multi-function side switch featuring a battery power indicator which glows red when battery runs low.
• automatically returns to your last brightness level from the off position with the built in memory function.
• Built-in rechargeable 26650 4500mAh lithium battery with charging cable included.
• Aircraft-grade aluminum body with anti-scratch type III hard anodizing
• Ergonomic design with chamfered edges for a comfortable feel in the hand.
• Lock-out function to prevent accident activation.
• Waterproof up to 2 meters.

INCLUDED ACCESSORIES:
• Micro-USB Cable ( 1m )
• User Manual
• 4500mAh 26650 Battery ( customized )
• Lanyard
• Power supply
• Traffic Wand (optional)

R2uATwa.jpg

ixhZZlw.jpg

ZE1CKWL.jpg

LaaKCN6.jpg

zyRRkQ9.jpg

svdsE7U.jpg

1eNONbm.jpg

eECXlG3.jpg

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice!

About the mutli-function translucent power button, does it blink to make it easier to find in the dark, especially when you need to find the button fast?

Also, what about the L5 Pro?

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice.
One question : once the included battery is worn out, can I replace it with a new 26650 off the shelf? If not, that's a fatal flaw.

Second one question : what about the L5 Pro?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice.
One question : once the included battery is worn out, can I replace it with a new 26650 off the shelf? If not, that's a fatal flaw.

1. Looks like a "customized" battery that can be charged via USB. Looks like an "off the shelf" battery will power the light, but can not be charged via the USB charger.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Looks like a "customized" battery that can be charged via USB. Looks like an "off the shelf" battery will power the light, but can not be charged via the USB charger.
That would be fine with me.
I've never figured out the attraction to "in flashlight" charging. When my battery dies, I want to pop another one in & keep going. Not plug in my flashlight & nap for a few hours. And where do I plug it in when I'm in the forest?

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even if a regular 26650 cannot be used, you can still pop-in another Olight 26650 that has already been charged - if you happen to be in a forest. If not, however, just plan ahead and do the in-flashlight charging for all other times. Having options is always nice, IMHO.

I don't have any in-flashlight chargers but if I did, I think I would start using them just for convenience's sake. As simple as it is to take a battery out and recharge it, I still prefer convenience even over simple tasks:

No need to take off the tailcap.
No need to put the battery in a charger.
No need to watch the charger (I usually don't even though maybe I should).
No need to find where I put the thread lube from the last time i used it.
No need to lube the threads and o-ring.
No need to take some tissue and wipe off the excess lube.
No need to wash my hands, lol!

...and then do all the above in reverse order to put the battery back into the light.

Note: The above steps are nothing more than flashlight OCD, right?

Last edited:

Lateck

Newly Enlightened
Very interested. But the Olight site doesn't show the new R50, yet.
Any idea on price? Also, what are the other settings in term of light out-put (not just 2500)?

I do love Olights.

Lateck,

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
The pro version was called the "L5 Pro" in the development stage. Had a similar form factor, but with some different ways to charge it. We'll see if it makes it to final production or if it becomes a variant of the R50.
Very interesting indeed.

Lateck

Newly Enlightened
Thank you 1c3d0g for the link.
That is way more info then what is on Olight's site.
Price looks good too.

Lateck,

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully we'll be seeing some real world reviews next month. I'm interested in that pro version and whether or not I can charge any 28650 battery outside the light & use it.

Oh, one other thing. Is there any way to get rid of that gaudy blue bezel? LOL

Last edited:

Olightworld

Enlightened
Yes absolutely. The light works with our standard Olight 26650 that you can purchase separately at any time.

Very nice.

Olightworld

Enlightened
The 26650 just has to have dual polarity for the charging function to work. Luckily the Olight 26650 has that. You can purchase them separately to have backups and it will work the same as the one that comes with it.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
It matches a superman flashlight - excellent marketing!

Blue is a good choice. It can be considered gender-neutral with a slight bias toward males which most flashlight enthusiasts are. Any dark color - purple would have been ok with me too. Green or red - naah.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 26650 just has to have dual polarity for the charging function to work. Luckily the Olight 26650 has that. You can purchase them separately to have backups and it will work the same as the one that comes with it.

So other 26650 batts work fine - that's great! Although unless someone already has 26650 batts in their personal collection, I don't see why anyone would get a regular 26650 which won't recharge in the light.

Sure, some 26650 are advertised as having a bit more capacity like 5200mAh but who knows if that's a real number. I tend to trust Olight when they say their capacity is 4500 mAh. Four-Sevens uses the same battery as Olight and they tend not to exaggerate their numbers.

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
That link was working correctly a few hours ago, using Firefox 46.0.1 and Kaspersky Internet Security Beta 17.0.0.423, but now the link does not go to this item anymore.
So true! Either they sold out, or jumped the gun on the official release of the pro model (maybe, since its not on Olight's website)?

Last edited: