Arc / KL1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just converted my Surefire E1E to led via a KL-1 head only to discover the Arclight system. How do they compare when it comes to output? I'd like to get one.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I recently purchased my first ARC that is the LSL-S and am very happy with it.My friend,and fellow member Owen,carries his KL1 daily and we just compared the 2 lights.The beam shape is almost identical and the ARC is a little brighter in the hot spot area.Mine is very white for a low dome however I believe the KL1 is also a low dome.His KL1 is a little blue as far as tint goes but it is still a pretty beam.
All in all there is not a large difference but if I had to choose it would be the ARC for the size and quality of the beam.I believe the KL1 would have longer run time as he usually runs it on 2 cells.I do not know what light would run longer on one cell but mine has seen nightly use and I am still on the original battery after over a week.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
depends on which arc you are comparing it to, lsl or lsh.

the lsh will generally have a whiter beam that throws further than the lsl.

other things to consider is that the arc has a greater runtime, smaller, more water resistant, and 2aa battery options.

get an arc! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Byron Walter

Enlightened
Also the LS will run longer... at least two hours (maybe a little more) vs the 90 minutes at full power on the KL1. And the LS is mucho smaller. Frankly the E1/KL1 is a little bulky for the run time. I prefer the E2/KL1 combo because a little more bulk will give you four regulated hours.

But don't you really want an Arc 4?:)

carmel

Newly Enlightened
Basically, no comparison between KL1 on E1e body, and either LSHP or Arc4. The Arcs are brighter (22-33 lumens, depending on model and level, compared to 16 lumens for the KL1 [although this might be a bit conservative]), smaller, waterproof (rather than "weather resistant"), and extremely intelligent (if we're talking about the Arc4).

Be aware, however, that you are in the Arc Forum, and we tend to be prejudiced!!!

carmel

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
To tell the truth, I've never seen an Arc unit in the wild, only on the internet. That "high dome" thing sounds interesting as my KL-1 seems a bit on the flat side. Thanks all for the consul.

Status
Not open for further replies.