Imalent        
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

Quote Originally Posted by BeastFlashlight View Post
    I suppose if someone wants the SuperPower they have accepted the weight and size factor, but I'm thinking that the awkward balancing would be the most annoying part.
    With that weight and balance, it is very hard on the wrist, hand and forearm muscles with anything but short time usage cycles (like 5 or 10 minutes). Even the current owner(s) on here have stated it is really not a practical light for most real life applications. More of a "wow" product to impress their friends, "bragging rights" was stated. Most of the time "collecting dust" on the desk. If it is tethered to an external power supply such as a vehicle, backpack battery or mounted not handheld, it would become much more practical. It does perform very well, but with a large ergonomic penalty for a freestanding portable searchlight package.
    Last edited by XeRay; 02-03-2017 at 03:36 PM.

double post

Flashaholic*

Yes and not to mention the huge advantage of scuba diving with the regular LX70!! I used to scuba dive years ago, if I ever do break down and buy one it would probably be the regular for the reasons mentioned, and I would probably take up diving again JUST to use it underwater!!
    Last edited by BeastFlashlight; 02-07-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Yes and not to mention the huge advantage of scuba diving with the regular LX70!! I used to scuba dive years ago, if I ever do break down and buy one it would probably be the regular for the reasons mentioned, and I would probably take up diving again JUST to use it underwater!!
    Something I failed to mention, one of the US goverment agencies buys our lights (so far 4 units) for their domestic inspection scuba teams. Due to their request, we added a 2nd O-ring for the battery head interface. This is a redundant O-ring encase the first O-ring has a flaw that is not noticed. Obviously this is done to ensure water can never leak into the electronics, through this interface between the head/body and the swap-able batteries (not when underwater). Just that added level of protection for "murphy's sake".

Flashaholic*

Talk about the gold standard!!
    XeRay1982

Quote Originally Posted by bulbmogul View Post
    http://www.pbase.com/bulbmogul/image/163378022

Thanks KJ2 as I have no idea why they wont upload like that for me..? Well I finally got the battery charged as they are shipped at about 20% Petr of LeMax told me last night on the phone. Took about 6 hours to bring it up to a full fuel tank. The light is massive and sports a WOW FACTOR of a 10.0..I was blown away by how huge that front element at about 8 1/4 inches across the reflector itself and just a tad under 9 inches across the entire head. It is built extremely well and appears that it can take a beating and keep on throwning..There also was a lovely short sleeved shirt that has Lemax LX70 Superpower on the front and back..This light makes my 2 Surefire ARC Lights to look like midgets.. The case is extra heavy duty and nicely cut out inside to fit the Superpower very nicely with cutouts for 2 batteries and a section for the charger.. Very well thought out.. I do have pictures of the 3 mega lights together and will get those uploaded sometime today hopefully.. If your on the fence about one of these bad boys, take the plunge as you will not be dissapointed at all. This is surely a big boys toy..
    mind if i ask the cost and shipping costs? OOPS, never mind, just found it.....YIKES!
    Last edited by Bushman5; 02-04-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushman5 View Post
    mind if i ask the cost and shipping costs? OOPS, never mind, just found it.....YIKES!
    If one is buying this light, whom really questions shipping cost? I surely did not. Great light and most would lust over owning one..!
    Surefire Hellfighter-5 Surefire Arc2-8C, LeMax LX70 Superpower,Lupine Betty TL2, Lupine Piko TL, Lupine Betty R14, Lupine Betty6, Lupine Piko2

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Heat View Post
    What is the candela rating on this? With that kind of lumen ouput combined with a large reflector, I would say at a minimum 1.5M candela.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davekan View Post
    4250^2/4 = 4.5m candela. 7000 lumans
    Sorry about seeming like I'm thread stealing by constantly bringing up the regular LX70, but I never saw someone give the candela ratings before for these lights thank you, can you please give the candela rating for the regular LX70 too? Maybe 2m??
    XeRay1982

Sorry about seeming like I'm thread stealing by constantly bringing up the regular LX70, but I never saw someone give the candela ratings before for these lights thank you, can you please give the candela rating for the regular LX70 too? Maybe 2m??
    I have a great idea for you. Why don't you start your own thread on your favorite light you keep bringing up in a thread that is about the Superpower. That way you can get all the info you need on your particular light. I myself started this thread on a Light I OWN and not something i am trying to compare with some other light from another company. Thanks in advance from a OWNER of a SUPERPOWER..!
    Surefire Hellfighter-5 Surefire Arc2-8C, LeMax LX70 Superpower,Lupine Betty TL2, Lupine Piko TL, Lupine Betty R14, Lupine Betty6, Lupine Piko2

I have a great idea for you. Why don't you start your own thread on your favorite light you keep bringing up in a thread that is about the Superpower. That way you can get all the info you need on your particular light. I myself started this thread on a Light I OWN and not something i am trying to compare with some other light from another company. Thanks in advance from a OWNER of a SUPERPOWER..!
    + 1 !

If one is buying this light, whom really questions shipping cost? I surely did not. Great light and most would lust over owning one..!
    Not everyone has money burning holes in their pockets. Most people will do something of a "cost benefit" analysis to find some "justification" for making such a purchase. Even wealthy people I know (that's how they STAY wealthy), spend their money as an investment that will at least hold or increase in value, or a need that this product fulfills. It's mostly the "Bling Crowd" that buys expensive stuff that collects dust, or boasts their wealth (celebrities like the Kardashians), other people buy things they will actually use. In this case, such as security on their Yacht, night diving, Estate security patrols, etc. Now that you have one, "just because", who would want to join the "me too club". Others will buy it with some more relevant purposes. So for now, you should revel in being the only guy in USA that has one (SP), to my knowledge.
    Last edited by XeRay; 02-06-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Flashaholic*

Well notice my quotes, only reason I felt inclined to ask the questions here was because I thought those 2 quotes were a good segue into the question, I never see candela numbers given for these lights only meters or lux. A little over sensitive with our threads are we?
    XeRay1982

Well notice my quotes, only reason I felt inclined to ask the questions here was because I thought those 2 quotes were a good segue into the question, I never see candela numbers given for these lights only meters or lux. A little over sensitive with our threads are we?
    Plugging for another company in my thread is not really welcomed. Your GOLD STANDARD may not be my Gold Standard.. You can always start your "OWN THREAD" on Candella output and may better suit your info that you are seeking..

Flashaholic*

Plugging for another company in my thread is not really welcomed. Your GOLD STANDARD may not be my Gold Standard.. You can always start your "OWN THREAD" on Candella output and may better suit your info that you are seeking..
    Ok sorry, big fan of your Superpower as well I'll keep any comments in here towards that. 4.5 million candella is incredible

Quote Originally Posted by XeRay View Post
    With that weight and balance, it is very hard on the wrist, hand and forearm muscles with anything but short time usage cycles (like 5 or 10 minutes). Even the current owner(s) on here have stated it is really not a practical light for most real life applications. More of a "wow" product to impress their friends, "bragging rights" was stated. Most of the time "collecting dust" on the desk. If it is tethered to an external power supply such as a vehicle, backpack battery or mounted not handheld, it would become much more practical. It does perform very well, but with a large ergonomic penalty for a freestanding portable searchlight package.
    Actually owning and using the LEMAX SUPWERPOWER I feel there is no issue with holding it and my wrists are just fine. Please note this is from the owner of the light with personal use of it. I also feel it is quite practical and again this is coming from a person whom actually OWNS the Superpower..!

Actually owning and using the LEMAX SUPWERPOWER I feel there is no issue with holding it and my wrists are just fine. Please note this is from the owner of the light with personal use of it. I also feel it is quite practical and again this is coming from a person whom actually OWNS the Superpower..!
    Interesting, that's not what you said in the past, and have admitted to hardly using your lights, "collecting dust" (your words). You have a short memory.

About your ARC-2
    I hardly ever use it as it is still on it's very first charge since i bought it back a few months ago. I am still at about 65% now...

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    WOW , a very special light in many ways....................i do like a big light not practical, not easy or comfy to carry, but who cares when its awesome! The sun in your hand.................
    You are 110% correct about being practical or easy to carry around, however the reason i snagged one was for the WOW Factor of a HUGE MEGA PORTABLE FLAME THROWER. I just wanted one "Just because"..
    Well it really serves no practical use what so ever to me but just the fact of adding another "Handheld Portable HID Light" to the arsenal of Flame Throwers...

Last edited by XeRay; 02-07-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Interesting, that's not what you said in the past, and have admitted to hardly using your lights, "collecting dust" (your words). You have a short memory.

Hahaha, a flip-flopper lol. I think I would simply except the ergonomic challenge of this light and not care! I wouldn't buy a shotgun for concealed carry.
    Last edited by LED1982; 02-07-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LED1982 View Post
    ........................ I think I would simply except the ergonomic challenge of this light and not care!....................
    I did this with my 60" Carbon Arc, NightSun, Starburst, VSS-1, VSS-3A and other lights.
    Last edited by BVH; 02-07-2017 at 05:57 PM.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

Hey bulbmogul, I'm happy for you to afford all those very nice lights!

What you do with them is your prerogative, not what other people think you should.

Who's money and light is it anyway? haha

Quote Originally Posted by tatasal View Post

What you do with them is your prerogative, not what other people think you should.

Kinda like my next door neighbor he has 2 rolls Royces parked in his driveway he leaves the windows down in one of them so his dogs has a place to sleep. Yes this is a true story...
    Who am I to judge...

Just because b-mog said that at one point that he hardly uses it doesn't mean his wrists might not still be fine when HE DOES use it.

Quote Originally Posted by LED1982 View Post
    Hahaha, a flip-flopper lol.
    Hahaha really? Have you ever changed your mind?

How bout everyone stay out of Jerry's thread unless you have something constructive to say... and cut out all the bull crap.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by tatasal View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Offgridled View Post
    Kinda like my next door neighbor he has 2 rolls Royces parked in his driveway he leaves the windows down in one of them so his dogs has a place to sleep. Yes this is a true story...
    Who am I to judge...
    But I don't agree that the Superpower is an impractical light, of all the lights I've seen on this forum this would be my first choice to have as my boat light (so far). And not to simply wow people who come on my boat. A sore wrist & forarm? Man up!! Lol. I'll take this canon over any of them. Now the light BVH is talking about is too big in my book but not this. I see a Rolls Royce as a wow car more than I see this as a wow light.

Your GOLD STANDARD may not be my Gold Standard...
    Well the smaller would be my gold standard in many situations but this Superpower is my gold standard for others, like my boat.
    Last edited by BeastFlashlight; 02-07-2017 at 07:22 PM.

But I don't agree that the Superpower is an impractical light, of all the lights I've seen on this forum this would be my first choice to have as my boat light (so far). And not to simply wow people who come on my boat. A sore wrist & forarm? Man up!! Lol. I'll take this canon over any of them. Now the light BVH is talking about is too big in my book but not this. I see a Rolls Royce as a wow car more than I see this as a wow light.

Well the smaller would be my gold standard in many situations but this Superpower is my gold standard for others, like my boat.
    I think you took me wrong what I was saying is do what you like and not to worry about what others say or think. This is a great light to own and I'm proud I have one that's all!!
    I have strong hands and forearms and use this light at my cabins

Flashaholic*

I think you took me wrong what I was saying is do what you like and not to worry about what others say or think. This is a great light to own and I'm proud I have one that's all!!
    Oh no wasn't trying to single you out I'm just thinking out loud how the word impractical has popped up but how actually in some situations you want that huge reflector. Car camping among really nice scenery, blow up a nearby mountain or canyon, the more power the better.

Anyway...allow me to add to the pressure for Beam Shots!!!!

Oh no wasn't trying to single you out I'm just thinking out loud how the word impractical has popped up but how actually in some situations you want that huge reflector. Car camping among really nice scenery, blow up a nearby mountain or canyon, the more power the better.

Anyway...allow me to add to the pressure for Beam Shots!!!!
    Yes very cool can't get back till snow allows as my cabins are off grid outside Yosemite. Thinking out load is good. . Ill take a few of my other throwers and get great beam shot for sure.

images hosting

Sorry for being so aggressive earlier guys. Jerry was very good to me when I was looking at the LX70 Superpower. He took the time to call me personally when he heard, and shared every detail and gave the best advice he had. The bulbmogul is one-of-a-kind and he's ok by me.

I am shocked to say the least. Congrats my friend!

I am likely to pull the trigger on a LX70 Superpower very soon. I have 'justified' its use as I am on a serach & resuce team. It will be good to let families know they have the maximum portable lumens being use to find their loved ones!
    "Yes, a new light is always justifiable... regardless of how many you have"

Flashaholic*

That's the spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by Edog006 View Post
    I am likely to pull the trigger on a LX70 Superpower very soon. I have 'justified' its use as I am on a serach & resuce team. It will be good to let families know they have the maximum portable lumens being use to find their loved ones!
    The lumens for the LX70 (also XeVision USA XV-LX70) are BOTH identical to the lumens for the LX70-SP. All 3 are about 7500 lumens using the high output setting.

Edog006 - Private message sent to you, look at your notifications.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast