Malkoff        
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 362

Thread: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

  1. #121

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Is there anyone out there who sells a soft diffuser, and that yellow fog filter for the Superpower? Like the one that you can get with the smaller sized option. If not, do you think with all of these mod guys in here that they would be easy things to get custom made? Do you have any filters bulbmogul?

  2. #122
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    1,209

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    i saw this thread bumped back near the top and I assumed someone had put up some beam shots!!! only to see a lot of sore feeling being thrown around. I agree that it would be nice to know the lux numbers between the two LX70 models (regular vs super). comparing lights with other brands and manufacturers is not a sin unless its in a sales thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by wimmer21 View Post
    Hahaha really? Have you ever changed your mind?

    How bout everyone stay out of Jerry's thread unless you have something constructive to say... and cut out all the bull crap.
    I don't know where to begin with you criticizing someone for going off topic.

  3. #123

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    For anyone interested in the Lemax LX70 Superpower it is 25% off just until the end of this week. I just sent my Paypal and it was $2,110.37 USD shipped!!

    ...and as a side note I had it sent to you Dan for the upgrade.

    Now my mission will be a diffuser to fit this monster. I find it hard to believe that it can't be done.
    Last edited by LED1982; 02-13-2017 at 05:29 PM.

  4. #124
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Quote Originally Posted by LED1982 View Post
    For anyone interested in the Lemax LX70 Superpower it is 25% off just until the end of this week. I just sent my Paypal and it was $2,110.37 USD shipped!!

    ...and as a side note I had it sent to you Dan for the upgrade.

    Now my mission will be a diffuser to fit this monster. I find it hard to believe that it can't be done.
    i curse you sir, every other breath for posting this sale....
    i need this light like a hole in the head
    but yet, i am SERIOUSLY thinking about getting one at this price
    in all seriousness, i wish i would of never seen this at all
    and ps, just kidding on line 1
    Last edited by hahoo; 02-13-2017 at 11:15 PM.

  5. #125

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Imagine my surprise when the first time I've ever gotten the impulse to email about some of these monster HIDs it just happened to be on sale for one week! I cursed myself it put the pressure on me, I might be able to say I would have just kicked tires for a very long time if it wasn't for that. Then XeVision was kind enough to offer me that first man in the door upgrade discount and I was in full blown acceptance mode after that lol.

  6. #126
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,556

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Congrats you will be impressed. Trust me

  7. #127

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Quote Originally Posted by Offgridled View Post
    Congrats you will be impressed. Trust me
    Thanks! I am almost in denial, I'm going to receive something that throws 7500 lumens 4250 meters for an hour and 40 minutes with zero stepdown lol seriously!? And although I have no clue what the beam will look like I'm really liking the listed light temperature of 4250K!

    Since a temp of 4250K is warm, does that mean that it will not be excruciatingly blinding if you accidentally shine it on people and they look up at it for a split second? That would be the best of both worlds, to have massive throw combined with minimizing the blinding hazard.
    Last edited by LED1982; 02-14-2017 at 12:22 AM.

  8. #128
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Quote Originally Posted by LED1982 View Post
    Thanks! I am almost in denial, I'm going to receive something that throws 7500 lumens 4250 meters for an hour and 40 minutes with zero stepdown lol seriously!? And although I have no clue what the beam will look like I'm really liking the listed light temperature of 4250K!

    Since a temp of 4250K is warm, does that mean that it will not be excruciatingly blinding if you accidentally shine it on people and they look up at it for a split second? That would be the best of both worlds, to have massive throw combined with minimizing the blinding hazard.
    sey to tell you this, but, you will still seriously blind every pupil within 1000 meters, even if it hits them for a millisecond with this light
    i would be pissed off if it were me, and it didnt

  9. #129

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Quote Originally Posted by hahoo View Post
    sey to tell you this, but, you will still seriously blind every pupil within 1000 meters, even if it hits them for a millisecond with this light
    i would be pissed off if it were me, and it didnt
    I'm not a search & rescue guy, but it was kind of a thought I had about search & rescue. Some call these high powered HIDs ideal for S&R, well eventually the end goal is to spot the missing person (shine light on them). That's why I was wondering if color temp was designed to be less excruciating on the eyes.

  10. #130
    Flashaholic* Newlumen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,376

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Quote Originally Posted by Offgridled View Post
    I think you took me wrong what I was saying is do what you like and not to worry about what others say or think. This is a great light to own and I'm proud I have one that's all!!
    I have strong hands and forearms and use this light at my cabins
    congrats og..

  11. #131

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Quote Originally Posted by tab665 View Post
    I don't know where to begin with you criticizing someone for going off topic.
    I was sticking up for bulbmogul, who I thought was being made fun of. I apologized for my aggression and attempted to explain myself in post #117.

    So I go "off-topic" a lot, eh? Hmm... I'll have to watch that.

  12. #132
    Enlightened Edog006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Palo Alto, CA
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Got my Lemax LX70 SP today and it is sitting next to me with the battery charging. The thing is massive and the case itself is the size borderline checked luggage. Which is awesome... Hoping this thing i'll be able to test out soon with some iphone 6s beamshots (sorry all i've got). It is also raining insane here (unusually in NorCal) so I'll likely have to wait a day or two.
    "Yes, a new light is always justifiable... regardless of how many you have"

  13. #133

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Quote Originally Posted by Edog006 View Post
    Got my Lemax LX70 SP today and it is sitting next to me with the battery charging. The thing is massive and the case itself is the size borderline checked luggage. Which is awesome... Hoping this thing i'll be able to test out soon with some iphone 6s beamshots (sorry all i've got). It is also raining insane here (unusually in NorCal) so I'll likely have to wait a day or two.
    Congratulations Edog! What an amazing thrower you have! Looking forward to your beam shots!!!

    I don't know if you're married or have a GF, but if so I expect she'll appreciate the added muscle to your forearm and biceps. ;-) Maybe switch up from time-to-time so you don't end up with Rafa Nadal arms.

  14. #134

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Congrats. Definitely interested in the pics!

  15. #135

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Quote Originally Posted by Edog006 View Post
    Got my Lemax LX70 SP today and it is sitting next to me with the battery charging. The thing is massive and the case itself is the size borderline checked luggage. Which is awesome... Hoping this thing i'll be able to test out soon with some iphone 6s beamshots (sorry all i've got). It is also raining insane here (unusually in NorCal) so I'll likely have to wait a day or two.
    That's awesome! Did the 25% off deal push you over, or would you have got one anyway?

  16. #136

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Nice catch! I look up to people who do not hesitate to select salient points on the power/performance continuum, even as the continuum extends to higher performance.

    I await your further posts!
    Imalent R90TS. Acebeam two X65Vn, K75, X45vn70.2. Eagtac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fx TK75vnQ70. Nc TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Tnt TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

  17. #137
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,556

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Pics pics pics congrats!!

  18. #138

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    OG just texted me a beam shot from his LX70S. It's impressive, but something's familiar about it. Hmm.... oh yeah I think it's the schoolhouse he attended as a boy.



  19. #139

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    ^^^Stayed on topic

  20. #140
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    1,209

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Im perfectly fine with you posting "^^^stayed on topic" if its preceded by a beam shot!!! awesome shot OG!!!
    Last edited by tab665; 02-21-2017 at 10:06 AM. Reason: speeling

  21. #141

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    That's Petr's beam shot. :-)

  22. #142
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Quote Originally Posted by tab665 View Post
    Im perfectly fine with you posting "^^^stayed on topic" if its preceded by a beam shot!!! awesome shot OG!!!

    that beamshots from the lemax website....

  23. #143

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Quote Originally Posted by hahoo View Post
    that beamshots from the lemax website....
    I thuquing fought so. Thanks for confirming.

    Well, anyway, I don't think that the next big LED thing after Acebeam X65 exists. I think that the next big thing after X65 is HID. I know how much quality I want, all I have to do is decide how much size and weight, to get the throw that I want.

    One of those eternal questions. Waves or babes? Bullets or doughnuts? Five pounds/2,300 meters, or eight pounds/4,250 meters? I know. [s]Both.[/s] All six.
    Imalent R90TS. Acebeam two X65Vn, K75, X45vn70.2. Eagtac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fx TK75vnQ70. Nc TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Tnt TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

  24. #144

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Petr is Lemax. You guys are catching on!

  25. #145

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    Well, anyway, I don't think that the next big LED thing after Acebeam X65 exists. I think that the next big thing after X65 is HID.
    Although the next big thing in LED kept topping itself we haven't been able to get away from the heat. Haven't received my light yet but it's gonna feel so nice to know that heat and step downs are non-factors, simply battery life alone. XeRay even told me that there are no nonsense rules to follow like waiting 10 seconds before turning light back on, pretty much use it like you would an LED it was designed with hot restrike capability. Durability? They are built to be mounted on 50 caliber machine guns, enough said about durability.

    Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    I know how much quality I want, all I have to do is decide how much size and weight, to get the throw that I want.

    One of those eternal questions. Waves or babes? Bullets or doughnuts? Five pounds/2,300 meters, or eight pounds/4,250 meters?
    In the end I said to myself look, my grandmother works out with 10 pound dumbbells.

  26. #146

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    ^^^ haha no doubt, and it's not like you're gonna carry it around all night in one hand anyway. Definitely one of the most unbelievable lights on the market today. Congrats!

    Fyi the beam shot from the Lemax site that I posted earlier is one of the best beam shots I've ever seen.

  27. #147
    Flashaholic bulbmogul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    307

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Being in SE Asia for the entire winter on a Indian Ocean Island myself, will promise to post some type of beam shots from my HID's when we get back home to the USA..Been following my thread from my place here but did not carry any of these throwers with me as was no need. Only things i brought were 2 Lupine Betty 5000 Lumen LED Lights along with my Betty R 5000 Lumen headlamp for my road bike. (Bicycle) Glad to see others stepping up to the plate and buying this lovely light from Petr..
    Surefire Hellfighter-5 Surefire Arc2-8C, LeMax LX70 Superpower,Lupine Betty TL2, Lupine Piko TL, Lupine Betty R14, Lupine Betty6, Lupine Piko2

  28. #148
    Flashaholic* XeRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Ogden, Utah
    Posts
    1,135

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Quote Originally Posted by LED1982 View Post
    In the end I said to myself look, my grandmother works out with 10 pound dumbbells.
    Well, you are getting (wanting) one of our standard shoulder carry straps with your Super Power XV-LX70-SP upgrade from XeVision. A shoulder strap comes standard with all of our XV light packages.
    It's not even offered as an option with the Super Power.
    With an 8.2 lb light you will need and want it, for any extended carrying. Also the security issue, to eliminate the possibility of dropping the light and scratching the anodizing on some boulders etc.
    If you care about perfect cosmetic condition, you will want a strap to prevent inadvertent drops.
    For lights intended for diving we include a Lanyard provision for the wrist (a hole in the end of our handle for the lanyard) Note: the SP is only rated to 2 meters, not a dive light. The other models are rated to 50 meters.
    Shortening the adjustable strap you can hold it with your body to aim it, not only your hand.
    The balance and size is nothing like a 10 lb dumbbell, that would be too easy.
    Last edited by XeRay; 02-22-2017 at 12:06 PM.

  29. #149

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    So true, we were both so baffled that there was no shoulder strap included, first thing I always do when I get a new cell phone is buy a drop proof, water proof case! For any friends or family of mine who may wanna use my light there will definitely be an ALWAYS with shoulder strap rule imposed lol!

  30. #150
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,556

    Default Re: Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

    Quote Originally Posted by LED1982 View Post
    So true, we were both so baffled that there was no shoulder strap included, first thing I always do when I get a new cell phone is buy a drop proof, water proof case! For any friends or family of mine who may wanna use my light there will definitely be an ALWAYS with shoulder strap rule imposed lol!
    +1 this definitely needs a shoulder strap.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •