Klarus        
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 404

Thread: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

  1. #31

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Once the battery gets from 3V (full cr123 battery) to 2.8V , the lvp protection will be enabled................

  2. #32

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Is there any kind of overheating protection? It must get very hot on turbo? I am very interested in the Nichia 219b model!

  3. #33

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    If the description is right , there is Low voltage protection , and turbo stepdown . (Thermal regulation is on the upgraded version of the driver , with attiny 25 . Search banggood for "X6 X5 driver" )

  4. #34
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL.
    Posts
    1,432

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Quote Originally Posted by Manker View Post
    I don't think we will have a full copper version E14...
    That's sad. I was excited about this, but the host is the most important part for me now. Hopefully the other lights you guys have planed are full copper, Brass or titanium.

  5. #35
    Flashaholic* KuanR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Macau S.A.R.
    Posts
    1,802

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Quote Originally Posted by eraursls1984 View Post
    That's sad. I was excited about this, but the host is the most important part for me now. Hopefully the other lights you guys have planed are full copper, Brass or titanium.
    Same here, I would have also jumped on this if it was full copper, brass, or titanium.

    Manker I hope you would reconsider and offer one of these metals instead of aluminum.
    I'm Ryan.

  6. #36

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Quote Originally Posted by eraursls1984 View Post
    That's sad. I was excited about this, but the host is the most important part for me now. Hopefully the other lights you guys have planed are full copper, Brass or titanium.
    what's about Timeback?there are two version of Timeback, copper and titanium.

  7. #37
    Flashaholic msim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Can't please everyone, but I definitely plan to pick one up!

  8. #38
    Flashaholic* vadimax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Quote Originally Posted by Manker View Post
    what's about Timeback?there are two version of Timeback, copper and titanium.
    People are strange. They want nice features and nice finish in one light, not in two separate Timeback are very nice lights, but their functionality looks like something rudimentary to their external beauty and price.

    Just my two cents.

  9. #39

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    People are strange. They want nice features and nice finish in one light, not in two separate Timeback are very nice lights, but their functionality looks like something rudimentary to their external beauty and price.

    Just my two cents.

    I like Timeback very much.

  10. #40

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Wow WOOW this is PERFECTION. SOLD. Wish I could return the HC30W I just bought for this!!!

  11. #41
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Athens Greece
    Posts
    205

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    I do like little power house EDC lights, nice sometimes to have a bit extra on tap!, this seems to have it all!!! ]

    Not sure its safe to run a cr123 in it though due to the higher Amp ask! Would have thought IMR/INR only...............
    If you read the thread in BLF,you see that if you put the 18650 tube from the S1,it fits.

  12. #42
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    602

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Standardised components are always a good thing
    Phlogiston is the main constituent of Magic Smoke.

  13. #43
    Flashaholic* Wendee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    627

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    It's now on Amazon.com.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wendee View Post
    Can you tell us the different lumen output levels, run times, if it has over discharge protection and if it has step-down when the battery gets low? Actually, sorry for asking so many questions. Maybe it's easier to let us know when this information will be on your website?
    I'm very interested in the 4xNichia model and looking forward to learning more
    I can't find any answers to the questions I asked in this thread & all I see on the Manker website (& Amazon) is "Max Output: XP-G2 1600lumens / Nichia 219B 1400lumens".

    I see a lot of posts mentioning desired material in the future (brass/copper/titanium) and 18650 battery stuff, but most people don't seem to wonder about the basic specs for the flashlight that actually exists. This confuses me.

    Maybe it's just me, being new and all.

    I guess I'll have to wait for a CPF review of this flashlight to find out the specs. Oh well.
    Last edited by Wendee; 05-15-2016 at 07:50 AM.

  14. #44
    Flashaholic* vadimax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    If I have understood properly it will use X5/X6 driver, so its parameters might be predictable.

  15. #45

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    If I have understood properly it will use X5/X6 driver, so its parameters might be predictable.
    Vadimax , it will use A6 driver , not X5/X6 driver , based on manker's description .

  16. #46
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    602

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Quote Originally Posted by Wendee View Post
    I can't find any answers to the questions I asked in this thread & all I see on the Manker website (& Amazon) is "Max Output: XP-G2 1600lumens / Nichia 219B 1400lumens".

    [...]

    I guess I'll have to wait for a CPF review of this flashlight to find out the specs. Oh well.
    Most people here are probably projecting a rough spec by analogy to the BLF A6, because Manker are using the same driver circuit.

    To give you a general idea, my BLF A6 has roughly the following levels for its seven output levels: 1lm, 10lm, 70lm, 200lm, 450lm, 850lm and 1300lm. You'll note that the maximum is pretty similar; the other levels are very likely to be similar as well.

    Given that each and every light will be slightly different because of manufacturing tolerances, the output differences between the BLF A6 and the Manker E14 with Nichia 219Bs will probably fall within the margin of error. The E14 with XPG2s will most likely be a fraction brighter at each level, but even then, I'd be surprised if the differences were hugely noticeable by eye.
    Phlogiston is the main constituent of Magic Smoke.

  17. #47
    Flashaholic* vadimax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Quote Originally Posted by giorgoskok View Post
    Vadimax , it will use A6 driver , not X5/X6 driver , based on manker's description .
    Oops, my bad I just saw all those mode transition schemes that look very alike to X5/X6 ones.
    Last edited by vadimax; 05-15-2016 at 11:11 AM.

  18. #48
    Flashaholic* Wendee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    627

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Most people here are probably projecting a rough spec by analogy to the BLF A6, because Manker are using the same driver circuit.

    To give you a general idea, my BLF A6 has roughly the following levels for its seven output levels: 1lm, 10lm, 70lm, 200lm, 450lm, 850lm and 1300lm. You'll note that the maximum is pretty similar; the other levels are very likely to be similar as well.

    Given that each and every light will be slightly different because of manufacturing tolerances, the output differences between the BLF A6 and the Manker E14 with Nichia 219Bs will probably fall within the margin of error. The E14 with XPG2s will most likely be a fraction brighter at each level, but even then, I'd be surprised if the differences were hugely noticeable by eye.
    Thank you Phlogiston.

    Now I understand. I appreciate you taking the time to explain this to me (I'm still learning the basics). That was very nice of you.

    I'm disappointed that Manker choses to talk about their other models (Timeback) rather than answer questions about the E14.

    It seems that we're expected to "figure it out" ourselves by researching the driver? And even then, we can't be 100% certain?

    Why won't Manker post the specs themselves? Why won't they put them in writing?

    The fact that they won't, even after being asked to, doesn't leave me with a comfortable feeling (at all).

    It sure looks like a nice flashlight though. Maybe someday I'll feel comfortable enough to buy one, but now I'll definitely wait until I see some reviews and hear feedback from people who have received the light.

  19. #49

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Just ordered mine. 4 Nichia 219b? Gotta try it.

  20. #50
    Flashaholic msim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    Just ordered mine. 4 Nichia 219b? Gotta try it.
    Me too! Looks promising, but worst case I'll take one for the team.

  21. #51

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    Just ordered mine. 4 Nichia 219b? Gotta try it.
    What site? Never mind,found it.
    Last edited by Skeeterg; 05-15-2016 at 02:12 PM.

  22. #52

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Quote Originally Posted by msim View Post
    Me too! Looks promising, but worst case I'll take one for the team.
    No risk through Amazon. 30 day satisfaction guarantee

  23. #53

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Quote Originally Posted by Wendee View Post
    Thank you Phlogiston.

    Now I understand. I appreciate you taking the time to explain this to me (I'm still learning the basics). That was very nice of you.

    I'm disappointed that Manker choses to talk about their other models (Timeback) rather than answer questions about the E14.

    It seems that we're expected to "figure it out" ourselves by researching the driver? And even then, we can't be 100% certain?

    Why won't Manker post the specs themselves? Why won't they put them in writing?

    The fact that they won't, even after being asked to, doesn't leave me with a comfortable feeling (at all).

    It sure looks like a nice flashlight though. Maybe someday I'll feel comfortable enough to buy one, but now I'll definitely wait until I see some reviews and hear feedback from people who have received the light.
    The driver it uses it isn't like the regular linear drivers you know (8x7135 for example) .
    It uses a fet , max current is not regulated , it can be 5 amps , or even 10 . (It depends on a lot of factors , and the main one , the battery)

    For more info , you will have to wait for a review as you can understand from the replies on this thread .

  24. #54

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Quote Originally Posted by giorgoskok View Post
    The driver it uses it isn't like the regular linear drivers you know (8x7135 for example) .
    It uses a fet , max current is not regulated , it can be 5 amps , or even 10 . (It depends on a lot of factors , and the main one , the battery)

    For more info , you will have to wait for a review as you can understand from the replies on this thread .
    Will it damage an AW IMR16340 or Efest IMR16340? Neither can handle that kind of amp draw... Or is the draw somehow diminished with lower output battery like 16340? Now I'm nervous about using it.
    Last edited by recDNA; 05-15-2016 at 03:21 PM.

  25. #55
    Flashaholic* Wendee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    627

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Quote Originally Posted by giorgoskok View Post
    The driver it uses it isn't like the regular linear drivers you know (8x7135 for example) .
    It uses a fet , max current is not regulated , it can be 5 amps , or even 10 . (It depends on a lot of factors , and the main one , the battery)

    For more info , you will have to wait for a review as you can understand from the replies on this thread .
    I guess I'm used to seeing flashlight specs from companies and they add at the bottom "results from using xxxx battery" etc.

    Can't Manker do the same?

    How can anyone do a review and say that the flashlight works as the company claims it should? There are no statistics to compare it to.

    What if someone tests it and it runs at 1400 lumens (as described for the nichia) but only for 5 seconds? Since Manker hasn't provided a step down time (or if it has step down?), I guess no one would be able to say anything because it did in fact put out 1400 lumens? Is it considered defective because simply because it "should" last longer at 1400 lumens with that specific driver (or not defective, because they never claimed a run time)? I'm neither a flashlight or legal expert so I really don't know.
    I still don't understand. Anyways, I'll wait for a review because I'm totally lost.

    I really hope it's nice and works well though. Who wouldn't love 1400 lumens of Nichia?

  26. #56

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Heck, in imr16340 I would be very happy with 800 lumens as long as my hand isn't burning in 30 seconds and my battery doesn't vent from heat! I'm most concerned that it works properly for a long time and gives higher output than the average 16340 safely. With Nichia 219b CRI we have never before been able to get big output from any pocket sized production lights.

    If it really gives us over 1000 lumens with an imr 16340 we'd be lucky to get 10 minutes of runtime. I would only use turbo to show off for a few seconds. I just hope one of the other modes is just right.
    Last edited by recDNA; 05-15-2016 at 05:38 PM.

  27. #57
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sampson Flat, Sth. Aust.
    Posts
    1,097

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Quote Originally Posted by Wendee View Post
    I guess I'm used to seeing flashlight specs from companies and they add at the bottom "results from using xxxx battery" etc.

    Can't Manker do the same?

    How can anyone do a review and say that the flashlight works as the company claims it should? There are no statistics to compare it to.

    What if someone tests it and it runs at 1400 lumens (as described for the nichia) but only for 5 seconds? Since Manker hasn't provided a step down time (or if it has step down?), I guess no one would be able to say anything because it did in fact put out 1400 lumens? Is it considered defective because simply because it "should" last longer at 1400 lumens with that specific driver (or not defective, because they never claimed a run time)? I'm neither a flashlight or legal expert so I really don't know.
    I still don't understand. Anyways, I'll wait for a review because I'm totally lost.

    I really hope it's nice and works well though. Who wouldn't love 1400 lumens of Nichia?
    I agree Wendee, re that last point. Remember that the A6 ( also under the Astrolux s1) is claimed at 1600 lumens but stock is only about 1200. A few mods and it goes close, but not straight out of the box.

    I suspect that we will see about 1000 lumens on the Nichia unless you are running a long tube. That's still great in a compact light. I want to jump in on this one, but I'll wait to see if it's an A6 or a comet.

  28. #58

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Quote Originally Posted by SG Hall View Post
    I agree Wendee, re that last point. Remember that the A6 ( also under the Astrolux s1) is claimed at 1600 lumens but stock is only about 1200. A few mods and it goes close, but not straight out of the box.

    I suspect that we will see about 1000 lumens on the Nichia unless you are running a long tube. That's still great in a compact light. I want to jump in on this one, but I'll wait to see if it's an A6 or a comet.
    Users that were able to measure output on the A6 , completely stock , with a good imr battery , reported from 1450-1525 lumens .

    I don't think this one will make under 1400 , even with the short tube , but we will have to wait and see...
    Last edited by giorgoskok; 05-16-2016 at 03:21 AM.

  29. #59
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sampson Flat, Sth. Aust.
    Posts
    1,097

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    Quote Originally Posted by giorgoskok View Post
    Users that were able to measure output on the A6 , completely stock , with a good imr battery , reported from 1450-1525 lumens .

    I don't think this one will make under 1400, even with the short tube , but we will have to wait and see...
    1109 with the long tube was estimated on the forum in a review that put the A6 deal together, 1100-1200 on another thread, and 1200+. I have one and it's not any more than that. Nice light though, really well put together and great value.

    Re the E14? I like your optimism, and I like surprises.

  30. #60
    Flashaholic RollerBoySE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: Manker E14 (4*Cree XP-G2/ Nichia 219B) is releasing

    BangGood is currently offering it at an aggressive pre-order price.
    It's labeled Astrolux S41 (still made by Manker and identical to Manker E14).

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •