• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Tana Light Engines for McGizmo lights (Haiku, Mule) and modding service...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Use email contact below, please...

AT LEAST FOR NOW DON IS OK WITH SELLING HIS BEUTIFUL PARTS/HOSTS WITHOUT LIGHT ENGINE !!!
Prices for his awesome creations are here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...mo-Available-Lights-Pricing-and-Ordering-Info

We all know who Don is (McGizmo) and how awesome are his creations... he started as modder loooong time ago and for past so many years he's been selling awesome titanium customs (like Haiku and Mule)...

Haiku TripLED:

$260 mod (Triple LED per choice, H17F driver, GITD if wanted per choice... also possibility for Dragon driver/LED setup, email for details)...

NOTE: TripLED mod is a service - Haiku head (alone, no body, no light engine) needs to be mailed my way - custom pill goes from the bottom (like stock LE), aluminum heatsink, LEDs, optics go in from the front, meet in middle narrow section and wires soldered... ANOTHER NOTE: The mod is reversible to stock condition but will require desoldering wires from PCB, unscrewing pill from the bottom and pushing heatsink out - then replaced with stock reflector and stock/custom single LED LE.... No machining to stock titanium head is being done...

EOhScJi.jpg

Haiku SuperLE price (replacement module):

$140 (Nichia 219C in 4000K or 5000K, XPL HI in 3000K, 4000K, 5000K or 6500K, driver H17F)

4BceaHH.jpg

EMAIL CONTACT (not Paypal address):

iDfBqtf.jpg

Aleph 1, 2 and 3 heads are pretty much exploited fully and proper LE can be built at this point... Haiku might differ slightly from model to model (older XRE, newer XML, XPG2, etc)... generally, upgrading Haiku XPG2 to any modern LED (XPL HI, XPL HD, 219B, 219C, even XPE2 for tighter hotspot) is 99.9% compatible... I still need few days to test with XML and older reflectors...

History:
I asked Don if he'd be OK if I sell LE that fit his creations and, being down to Earth and awesome dude, he said he wouldn't mind (as long as stress that these LEs are not his creation and he has no credit in them)... another cool thing that somewhat surprised me (positively) is that he's OK to sell empty hosts... that said, I was glad that I can start a thread like this and that we can now have "something different" from his usual awesome offer...

Bare in mind, these mods are not meant to IMPROVE on his design or performance... please look at these as parallel universe where more options to his beautiful lights is offered... Don's LEs he's selling for his modular lights are generally - GREAT.

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TNT Tana Light Engines for McGizmo lights (Haiku, Mule) and modding service...

Regular LE with Tana3 firmware:

eugOSlr.jpg

2N2P20e.jpg

4GPCJIA.jpg

SuperLE:

s6TriRU.jpg

vutaYHo.jpg

Hmi6tmg.jpg

Haiku TripLED:

Uf7FlXV.jpg

r8JNa7p.jpg

8hazDf3.jpg

FgTnpNs.jpg

Tana3 Firmware:

Ac4PK01.jpg

Last edited:

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Re: TNT Tana Light Engines for McGizmo lights (Haiku, Mule) and modding service...

Gonna be great! Thanks Tana

YummyBacon!

Enlightened

This should be good.:D

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Tana,

great to see you offer light engines and TripLEDs for those McGs :thumbsup: I think that´s going to spruce up a lot of them.....especially with the possibilities of the LuciDrv drivers.

Eric

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast

Subscribed!

Ladd

Enlightened

..................Yes!

jal

Newly Enlightened

And here I thought I was going to get my budget under control.

Ladd

Enlightened

In addition to the light engines it would be nice if you could offer copper LE cans for McG lights.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Few photos added to the 2nd post while I hone out the details...

ven

Flashaholic

How does this work, do you sell the engine and the buyer swaps it over or does it require the light/head sending to you for the mod.

Just thinking, would be very cool to have a triple and a mule to swap about.

Cheers,:cool:

archimedes

Flashaholic

Where are you all seeing that these are for Triples here ?

ven

Flashaholic

Where are you all seeing that these are for Triples here ?

:laughing: the first post, looking at the tripLED , so presume its not a triple LED option then! :ohgeez:

archimedes

Flashaholic

I hope there is a Triple option, but that might be more complicated (though it has been done)

ven

Flashaholic

I hope there is a Triple option, but that might be more complicated (though it has been done)

I do hope so too, thats the way I interpreted the first post.................hi cri triple!!! yes please:D

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Need to look into multicolor (like XML RGBW) - depends on the driver clearences... if driver fits, it could be doable for both Mule and Haiku XML head... but first things first before that gets on the plate...

TripLED conversion is planned for Haiku heads... Mule is just too small... both Haiku and Mule can get replacement light engines (like on that photo, that is made to fit Mule only) so members can swap their own...

For Haiku TripLED, the head will have to be mailed to - me... :) Same like with Surefire heads...