Nitecore P25 troubleshooting

Amatoxin

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. I've been trying to get my Nitecore P25 to behave itself, and so far I've presumed that its bad behaviour has been due to shoddy cells. However, I just bought a brand new XTAR 3400mAh cell, and after charging it up to 4.2 volts, my flashlight is being... odd. It won't stick in the highest output mode for very long, and when it does, the blue status light flashes the low battery warning. Additionally, occasionally the flashlight will flicker shortly after turning it on. It's almost as if the torch doesn't realise it's using a fully charged cell and is downgrading itself to compensate. Is this a known problem with these? Google didn't tell me much.

ven

Flashaholic
First if not done already, check and clean contacts both ends. Maybe a swab and some alcohol/electra clean type. Presume its a button top(sure it is but just checking) as it has physical polarity protection on the + end . Check the threads, maybe a clean up and a re-lube of some nyogel(or alike) on both ends of the body tube.

Amatoxin

Newly Enlightened
Just cleaned the contacts and threads - everything is fine. Voltage is down to 4.1V on the cell, and now the flashlight won't go higher than the 3rd out of 5 settings. *sigh* Looks like I have a dud I guess.

ven

Flashaholic
Have you checked the tail cap, nothing loose.............cant remember off the top of my head if there is a retaining ring or not, if so check tight.

I would contact nitecore, if you can do a short video of the fault as they will ask and it will save you some time between emails!. Just showing the fault(video not too long to attach, or even upload to youtube).

They seem to be quite on the ball of late, hopefully a speedy resolve for you:)