Flashaholism carried on the Y chromosome??

charliek

Enlightened
It seems the vast majority of posters on CPF are men.

Aren't there any ladies interested in flashlights?

I wonder what the ratio is here on CPF.... anyone have any ideas?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strictly for scientific accuracy: will any other double XXers please add yourselves to the list of (so far) three? This request is only for the purpose of expanding our knowledge base of the, generally, less base sex. (is that word allowed here?) Thank you.

Sharp

Enlightened
Whar would you do then, Roth? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Charlie, if we're about 2000 active members, and there are, let's say, 5 women as active members (don't know of any more than that number), that would be 1 lady for 400 men! And that's for 5 ladies. AFAIK, we've got no more than 4 ladies, so that's 1 lady every 500 men!

Richard

ESD

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
What is it about flashlights that seems to only attract men?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that it is associated with the pyro-chromosome. You don't see many women playing with ( AKA managing ) the campfire either.

Probably dates back to the hunter-gatherer days...

Greta

Flashaholic
Hmmmm... I manage the campfire around here AND I'm attracted to flashlights... this is NOT looking good for me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Perhaps in my case, it's the "control-freak" chromosome? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
... and I fix the plumbing and minor carpentry... and I make sure the vehicles get their oil, filters and tires changed... and I take care of the yard work and pool. But I DON'T clean my own gun... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
raggie... no. I trap them under a glass and then spray Raid under the glass and watch them twitch and shrivel up and die... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif ... It's really cool with the sun spiders... they are so HUGE!... and they have these "feeler" type things that they wave around as they are succumbing to the nerve agents in the Raid... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol cool hate spiders.we have black widows under house.i havent went back under there since i saw em .well only saw one but that was enough.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
This is a sun spider. ... we have these all over the place here... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
rofl id be like 20 feet away from that spider. i love rats snakes. bats about everything but spiders im terified of them.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I co-exist with my spiders because they're doing me a favor, after all - no food, no spiders. I'd rather see a teenie widdle arachnid run for it's life and live to capture disease spreading mosquitos and flys. They help to keep our indoor plants healthy too. At worst I may relocate a spider to the outdoors. Up here in frigid Wisco, we don't have the poisonous or huge uns ya'll have in de south. I guess those type aren't suitable for sharing inner space with.

BTW, Raid is manufactured in Wisconsin.

So, again, where are all the goils? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif