Vanson BC-1HU discharge question?

SilverFox

Flashaholic
I have a Vanson BC-1HU four independent channel battery charger. I can also discharge cells before charging them.

My question involves the cut off timer. The instructions say that for D cells, the timer cut off is at about 11.5 hours. Is the cut off timer only related to charging?

I was thinking of conditioning my 9000 mAh D cells. The discharge rate of the charger (for D cells) is 350 mA. This means that it would take around 26 hours just to discharge the cells if I start with them in the fully charged state.

I know the timer comes into play while charging and I have a method to work with that. I don't know if the timer is active during the discharge cycle.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Tom

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
From what I gather reading posts re your charger model, the timer only comes into play while charging. I have this model Vanson also, and I would never discharge using charger, but would rather discharge using lights. My Streamlight SL35X pulls 5 9Ah D's down fast.

Bill

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Bill,

I believe you are correct. I ran my batteries down last night and was finishing the discharge in the charger. After 14 hours they have completed the discharge cycle and are charging.

My D cells are in ElecktroLumens Blaster II's. They run a few days on them. It looks like I will need to get a high power D cell light to discharge my cells.

Another reason to get another flashlight...

Tom