When is the Photon 3 expected to go out ?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone !

Was reading an excellent page at http://www.equipped.org/shot_show_2001.htm

and found a prototype of a Photon 3 with 7 light settings and a always on mode similar to the Pal, do you know when is expected to be out for sale ? I would sure want one to go with my E2 and Swiss Champ Combo

Thnx
AlexGT

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Photon III sure look nice, but I can't see spending $29. If anything, the III may be valid at $20 and the II should be reduced to about $12 to keep up with the competition.

RonM

Brock

Flashaholic
I agree that $29 is a bit steep. I am guessing once they are actually out they will be cheaper. I also think this will push the price of the normal Photon II down to closer to everything else. I hope this will happen anyway.

Brock

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
At $29, they're not getting my money, either. I can get two ASP Sapphire lights for that price, and no shipping charges. Granted, I don't get the white light, and I have no "constant-on" feature, but I just think it shouldn't cost that much for the light.

And if I want the different modes, I'll just grab my Model 2 EternaLight and play with it -- and have 4 white LEDs to play with, not 1!

I suppose if I want the waterproof feature, I'll have to grab my Pelican, but it's a 4AA incandescent, so that's kinda cheating, huh?
blush.gif

I think my flashaholism is starting to recede... I'm starting to care about bang for the buck.
frown.gif
Must've had something to do with seeing those pix of LED flashlight collections bigger than my entire flashlight collection, both incandescent and LED. Yeah, that's what caused it.
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I think I'd pay $20 for it. I'll wait a while and see what Brightguy is charging.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I ordered one a long time ago, before they made it available on their site. I was looking at the fact that I really use the Photon a lot, more than any of my other lights because I have it on a chain around my neck. But I often, if ever need the high brightness. And I would like to have the longer battery life that the low, medium settings will allow. I am sure the price will come down as every one thinks but in the mean time I will save money on battery replacement now. I think over the long run I will save money even though it cost more buying now. Just my 2 cents.

Brock

Flashaholic
I am in the same boat as KenB. I wear 2 white photons around my nect on a lanyard. One has the normal double battery full brightness and the second has a single battery 2032. It is about 1/3 the brightness. I run sound in a 2000 seat theatre so I am often am working in very dark situation where I don't need the bright light and don't want 1000 people wondering what that little light is shining at. So for me the dimmer setting will allow me to use one light with the ability to bump it up to full brightness if I need it. I will just have to make it "covert" myself, with the coax cable trick or some electrical tape.

Cyclops942 I am glad to see we are helping you with your problem
wink.gif
I mean how many light do I really need hummmmmm... I think just a couple more. I suppose that is being out drinking and seing someone completly falling down drunk, makes you think "maybe I have had enough, I don't want to look like that"
smile.gif

Brock

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:

Cyclops942 I am glad to see we are helping you with your problem
wink.gif
I mean how many light do I really need hummmmmm... I think just a couple more.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny this should come up at this particular time... for I'm expecting at least 25 new flashlights to show up in the next few days.
blush.gif
shocked.gif
blush.gif

This will bring my total collection of lights (both LED - the vast majority - and incandescent) to somewhere around 80!!! Yow!!!
rolleyes.gif

Brock, you'll be getting some lights back next week.
grin.gif

http://ledmuseum.home.att.net

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by telephony:
Funny this should come up at this particular time... for I'm expecting at least 25 new flashlights to show up in the next few days.
blush.gif
shocked.gif
blush.gif

This will bring my total collection of lights (both LED - the vast majority - and incandescent) to somewhere around 80!!!
Yow!!!
rolleyes.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dagnabbit!
shocked.gif
Now I'm getting jealous again!

I'm celebrating my new job
grin.gif
(which starts Monday) by heading over to the Gall's warehouse this Saturday for their monthly Saturday Sale (great prices on SureFires, Streamlights, and Pelicans). I'll also hit the showroom, and I'll probably pick up another LED light or two. They carry ASP Sapphire, Streamlight Stylus, and Photon.

Any recommendations?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, inbox, I really don`t see any reason why the photon 3 should be any brighter than the regular photon`s. Same batt`s same bulb. I think the max brightness will be the same.

Brock

Flashaholic
Nonbox the Photon 3 should have the same brightest setting as a regular photon. The differnce is waterproof, and the bright med dim intensity's, fast med and slow strobe modes.

Telephony, 25? What the heck are you getting? I want info, pictures
smile.gif
You will be busy with reviews for the next 2 months
wink.gif

Brock

D

**DONOTDELETE**

my last $30 got me a brinkmann & arc white, but i'd drop another 30 on a state-of-the-art keychain light. craig's last post came in at the perfect time, seems to have given cyclop's and my led "fascination" a kick in the butt!
smile.gif

nonbox

Banned
Thanks for the answer to my inquiry. I am very happy with my photon II and will not need the Photon III since it is not brighter.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

ordered eterna=light #2 from glow bug today. in all white. the rave'n could be next
smile.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
-franken,
theledlight likes to run that
Rave'n on SPECIAL every so often
(I got one from them about 3
weeks ago @$31.00)
-It's bright as hell with the
Li cells (1.7v ea.)-u can also
get these cells from them @2-pk
for around 5 bucks....

theglowhound

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darn, one eye, I sure hope they do. That would be great (well, I might be just a little jealous). Let us know if you get your hands on one of these babies. I would really like your opinion. Good luck!
smile.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
One more thing, if they have more than one would you reserve one for me?....PLEASE! Tell them I will call them. My name is Ken Bartlett. Let me know!!!
smile.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif