Jetbeam        

Thread: Review: Spyderco Endura 4 Flat Ground Folding Pocket Knife (FRN, VG-10)

Default Review: Spyderco Endura 4 Flat Ground Folding Pocket Knife (FRN, VG-10)

Spyderco Endura 4 Review

Ok so this has been years in the making. My favorite knife ever is my Spyderco Endura 4 Flat ground. It's a perfect larger EDC knife that's fairly light and thin which fits well in my pants pocket. I've never had any problems with either one of the 2 Enduras I've owned, and neither have blade play or blade retention issues after years of use. I take this with me literally everywhere. Anyway, the review is short so check it out... and beware of some NSFW language.

Default Re: Review: Spyderco Endura 4 Flat Ground Folding Pocket Knife (FRN, VG-10)

I like Spyderco knives despite having an issue with my first one and then being disappointed with their customer service. Regardless I like their products, designs, and the variety of steels/materials they offer. I'm a fan of the flat profile and easy deployment with the big thumb hole.

Default Re: Review: Spyderco Endura 4 Flat Ground Folding Pocket Knife (FRN, VG-10)

Which knife did you have a problem with? I do like them... I prefer this over the much more expensive lil lionspy I own.

I don't know the model, it was an all stainless steel blade/handle with a lockback and 3 inch blade, brought it a very long time ago (maybe 30 years ago). The lockback went after a few years of use, slight pressure on an open blade would close it, like a slip joint. Returned it and they told me it was 'unrepairable' and caused by 'misuse/abuse' which did not sit well will me because I didn't flick it much. They did offer me a replacement at cost but still thought they should have just replaced the knife flat out.
    Last edited by P_A_S_1; 05-21-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Back in the early 90's I had an Endura with integral pocket clip that within a few weeks failed to say locked open. Called them, sent it back, and received a new one free, which I still own. My only Endura.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by P_A_S_1 View Post
    I don't know the model, it was an all stainless steel blade/handle with a lockback and 3 inch blade, brought it a very long time ago (maybe 30 years ago). The lockback went after a few years of use, slight pressure on an open blade would close it, like a slip joint. Returned it and they told me it was 'unrepairable' and caused by 'misuse/abuse' which did not sit well will me because I didn't flick it much. They did offer me a replacement at cost but still thought they should have just replaced the knife flat out.
    That's not cool, maybe their customer service (and workmanship) has gotten better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeyebill View Post
    Back in the early 90's I had an Endura with integral pocket clip that within a few weeks failed to say locked open. Called them, sent it back, and received a new one free, which I still own. My only Endura.

Bill
    Hopefully I have this or these as long. My wife bought the second one for my birthday after I thought I had lost my first one.

Flashaholic*

Thanks for the review mhanlen. I'll add this to my list of purchases that I shouldn't make but probably will at some point!

Quote Originally Posted by SG Hall View Post
    Thanks for the review mhanlen. I'll add this to my list of purchases that I shouldn't make but probably will at some point!
    Oh I've gotta big running list of that. I'll buy that... Then I tell myself- hey it's for YouTube!

Love the reviews. But I have to ask, since you show all the stuff you carry every day including keys and wallet, do you not carry a cell phone?

Quote Originally Posted by The Whispering Gallery View Post
    Love the reviews. But I have to ask, since you show all the stuff you carry every day including keys and wallet, do you not carry a cell phone?
    Yes I do. It's an iPhone 5s, but I didn't think anyone cares about it. So I didn't put it in the shot. I don't upgrade my phone as often as most people do

Quote Originally Posted by mhanlen View Post
    Yes I do. It's an iPhone 5s, but I didn't think anyone cares about it. So I didn't put it in the shot. I don't upgrade my phone as often as most people do
    Haha, ok. Thought maybe you were just really hardcore. Maybe you could get into cell phone reviews - that would be entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by The Whispering Gallery View Post
    Haha, ok. Thought maybe you were just really hardcore. Maybe you could get into cell phone reviews - that would be entertaining
    Oh God. A cell phone review would take me months to complete. In this modern age, maybe all you need to be hardcore is a 2 generation old smartphone. 16gb bro??? That's roughing it!