Finally I have received Astrolux SC

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
First issues. What is this (finish imperfections between a tail cap and a clip):

image.jpg

Next -- micro asymmetry of LED placement. Not a problem, most people would not even notice. But I am a perfectionist. Disassembled the head, corrected placement. But! The O-ring happens to be not between the head and a glass, but between the glass and aluminum reflector. Somehow strange solution seems to me. Now I am not so sure about IPX8. And impossible to place otherwise -- the head does not close tight.

Ah, there was some spot on the internal side of a glass :) Cleared.

One more moment: there is not a single drop of silicone grease.

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. In all other respects the light is very good. Overall impression is way positive.

Delivery history: 6 days -- China mainland; 16 days -- EU post services (they suck big time); next day delivery -- Lithuanian post (thumbs up).

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine came in a bit better condition than yours, but with minor imperfections. I guess that's about what I was expecting. I got a cheap price on a group buy, so maybe I got what I paid for. But, my friends think it's a great looking light.

My one unexpected complaint is that the tail cap light never turns off (I like the blue light). Of course there is no way to lock out the light by turning the tail cap, since its all copper. Therefore, removing the battery is the only solution.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine came in a bit better condition than yours, but with minor imperfections. I guess that's about what I was expecting. I got a cheap price on a group buy, so maybe I got what I paid for. But, my friends think it's a great looking light.

My one unexpected complaint is that the tail cap light never turns off (I like the blue light). Of course there is no way to lock out the light by turning the tail cap, since its all copper. Therefore, removing the battery is the only solution.

I saw somewhere a partial solution: people replace a resistor in a tail cap so that blue LED renders barely visible in day light this way reducing drain.

Here is it on BLF. Perhaps, one day I will do it myself.

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
MH20 vs Astrolux SC 3B.

Reflector size:
image.jpg

Hot spot size (sorry for crappy wall):
image.jpg

Perhaps, I may survive without MH20GT now :)

Last edited: