Please recommend an upgrade to my rifle mounted setup

sanibel686

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys I currently have a solarforce lp2 body with an M3 head and an XML U2 LED. Also an extension tube for running 2 cells and also steadiness of scope mounting with 2 velcro rubber mounts and of course a finger pad.

I swap this between 22LR and 17HMR rifles for nocturnal rabbit control searching for eye reflection up to 250 yards and shooting generally 50 to 150 yards.

Recently a few people have been raving about this flashlight
http://www.nightmaster.co.uk/products/night-master-800
But it seems very expensive at £95 for what it is especially as they don't even tell you what the LED is!
I'd like the ability to swap to a red LED (not just a filter) for obvious reasons. I also like the focusability of it but I cant see the big fat lens being a more elegant solution than a properly designed reflector? or is this a requirement of the focus feature?

I am on a budget of £60, any pointers would be much appreciated guys.

Last edited:

sanibel686

Newly Enlightened
You can get a M3 head with red led @ Customlites. It has a far reach and some PWM on low modes.

Yes I am aware of those they are on amazon also for $60, it's good but it's just that it's a lot of money to change the colour of the one I already have!

sanibel686

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone recognise the flashlight in the link I have posted? And who else sells it or its components