R2H vs TWOK?

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Does it make sense that an R2H BB600 should be brighter than a MM+ Lux III TWOK [Both lights run on 1x123 pack].

My eyes tell me that is true, but isn't a T bin suppose to be much brighter than R bin?

I'm sure there is a simple explanation. Anyone?

ufokillerz

Enlightened
the difference between a H and a K voltage bin is like .5V? that might make a difference when you are boosting voltage as opposed to dropping it? there was a discussion about how much voltage a single 123 cell can put out

EvilLithiumMan

Enlightened
The R2H is rated to run at 350ma. The TWOK from 700 to 1000ma. At 600ma, the R2H is being overdriven by a good margin, while the TWOK is underdriven. Just my guess.

Crux

Newly Enlightened
Its a bit like apples an orangutans. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The R2H is rated at 40 to 51 lumens @ 350mA, while the TWOK is rated at 67 to 87 lumens @ 700mA.
I think the key question is how much current is each one actually being driven with.

The BB600 is overdriving the R2H, while the MM+ may only be able to push the TWOK at it's spec of 700mA.

Try swapping the emitters and see which is brighter...

Crux

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or put a wee sense resistor on one of the twok leads to see how much current it gets.