Olight warranty questions.

mick53

Newly Enlightened
hi,

i have an olight s15 baton. bought it mid 2014. great little light until it started to work only intermittently and now it doesn't light up at all.

i read the olight warranty and it seemed pretty good until i got to the part that said: "Please note that the warranty process may take 3-4 weeks to process and 2-3 months if a repair is required."

is this double talk or am i becoming illiterate? " Please note that the warranty process may take 3-4 weeks to process" HUH?

i checked it with a fresh battery and then another. so that's not the problem.

I think the blue side power button on my s15 is shot and it just died a slow "little at a time" death.

the led was fine even when it was only working intermittently.

so, anyway, the warranty sounds like a good one, unless olight really does take 3-4 weeks to "process a process," whatever the hell that means, and an additional 2-3 months for a repair????

this light was used very little. i kept it attached (it has a magnetic base) to a metal floor lamp near the couch where we sit.

we live in florida so the flashlight was used during blackouts, maybe a half a dozentimes in two years. and once a month or so, i'd light it up to check for function and how the battery was. that's it. nothing more than that.

has anyone here had any warranty dealings with olight this year? how long was your wait?

i will call before i send it to them. it they tell me 2-3-4 months, i'll sell it here cheap for parts and buy a new, non-olight, flashlight.

thanks

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
A lawyer? I wish. Find your response kinda rude. Reply on the post, don't hate the poster.

What kj2 said. I removed two disrespectful baiting, flaming posts. Attack the post not the poster. Please see CPF Rule 4. Any concerns about my action are to via PM's only.

Bill

mick53

Newly Enlightened
Okay, i'll try again.

Has anyone here had any warranty dealings with olight this year? How long was your wait?

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent back a M21 Warrior and a SR Mini1...About 2 weeks later I received an M22 Warrior and SR Mini2.... As far as I know, if it can be fixed they'll ship it back to China and have it fixed at the factory. If it's a discontinued model that cannot be fixed they'll ship you the upgraded model. I believe you can discuss that with the folks at Olight support to see your options. Did you call or did you just check on the website?

mick53

Newly Enlightened
I sent back a M21 Warrior and a SR Mini1...About 2 weeks later I received an M22 Warrior and SR Mini2.... As far as I know, if it can be fixed they'll ship it back to China and have it fixed at the factory. If it's a discontinued model that cannot be fixed they'll ship you the upgraded model. I believe you can discuss that with the folks at Olight support to see your options. Did you call or did you just check on the website?

I read the website and i'll call tomorrow. I'll follow up here.

I wonder if the S15 Baton is still made?

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast

Same with me. Bought S15R, but a couple of minutes after arrival its driver refused to function. Tried to get a replacement from a seller. But the time was passing and seller just asked me to wait. Later I visited Olight's web page and a status "out of stock" near S15R pushed me to ask Olight directly: "Might that mean that the model was phased out?" The answer was: "Yes." Then I explained them the situation, posted a video of a malfunctioning driver. They asked for a serial number of the light, info on the seller and, some time later, I have got a replacement -- a S10R II. Of course, was very nice of them.

mick53

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering, did you clean all contact points, at the tailcap, etc?

That's the second thing I did. The first thing was putting in a fresh battery.

I think the blue button/side switch has failed.

A few minutes ago I called Olight and got a recorded message. Never a good sign.

I'll keep you guys posted.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the second thing I did. The first thing was putting in a fresh battery.

I think the blue button/side switch has failed.

A few minutes ago I called Olight and got a recorded message. Never a good sign.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Don't you think they might just be sleeping in their hemisphere? :) What's wrong with sending an e-mail request? Or using this page: https://olightworld.com/contact-us/ ?

mick53

Newly Enlightened
Don't you think they might just be sleeping in their hemisphere? :) What's wrong with sending an e-mail request? Or using this page: https://olightworld.com/contact-us/ ?

Where do I begin?

I'm in Tampa, FL. Hey, look at that! I'm in the same hemisphere as Olight US support in Smyrna, GA.

I realize you're from Lithuania and may know nothing of US geography but GA. and FLA. border each other. These two states could not be closer! Tampa and Smyrna are only a few hundred miles apart.

And, as their recorded message suggests, I sent an email to Olight's US support. Here's their address: [email protected]

I also filled out their online support query form.

No reply.

Factor in my phone contact attempts and Olight is now 0 - 3. I think their US operation is a one person show.

Do you have any other suggestions for me other than hemispheric ones?

I have tried all methods of Olight contact I could find and have heard NOTHING back.

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where do I begin?

I'm in Tampa, FL. Hey, look at that! I'm in the same hemisphere as Olight US SUPPORT in Smyrna, GA.

As a matter of fact, our states border each other.

If you must know, we are only a few hundred miles apart.

And, as their recorded message suggests, I sent an email to Olight's US support. Here's their address: [email protected]

I also filled out their online support query form. No reply.

Factor in phone contact attempts and Olight is now 0 - 3. I think their US operation is a one person show.

Anything else you want to know?

The most funny thing that I have contacted exactly the US branch with my problem :) The reason? I was not sure that Chinese HQ support would understand my broken English properly. And then the US support has readdressed my issue to China. And everything went fine and smooth. More or less :) There was a moment when some lady in China promised to send a replacement order to some seller. Two weeks have passed -- nothing. Then I asked what have I done wrong that I get no update on my issue. They said: "Oops!" and I got "shipped" status the next day. The replacement light was delivered to Lithuania in 16 days from China. I consider that "light speed". Most often that takes a month. With at least 2 weeks in EU... without any tracking updates.

The only thing I have understood with this flashaholism: you need patience of an angel.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Where do I begin?

I'm in Tampa, FL. Hey, look at that! I'm in the same hemisphere as Olight US support in Smyrna, GA.

I realize you're from Lithuania and may know nothing of US geography but GA. and FLA. border each other. These two states could not be closer! Tampa and Smyrna are only a few hundred miles apart.

I also filled out their online support query form.

No reply.

Factor in my phone contact attempts and Olight is now 0 - 3. I think their US operation is a one person show.

Do you have any other suggestions for me other than hemispheric ones?

I have tried all methods of Olight contact I could find and have heard NOTHING back.

Yes I do have a suggestion. Try the Olight subforum in the Manufacturers section. They are very responsive here. And please realize that despite some potential language barriers, people are trying to help you. :)

mick53

Newly Enlightened
I heard back from Olight. The man I heard from seemed very nice.

He sent me an email with an RMA and I'm sending the S15 Baton back.

I'll keep you posted.

Last edited: