Oakley SI Boots ?

DavidTHR

Enlightened
I will soon need a new pair of boots.

I have read some good things about Oakley SI Boots on the Internet.

They retail for $225.00, but I see some better prices for them on ebay.

My question: Does anyone own a pair of these Oakley boots and what do you think of them?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks.

ygbsm

Enlightened
I have 2 pairs -- they are very comfortable and have nice dry traction. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I've worn them nearly everday for the last 3 months. Before that I wore Danner Arcadias. The Oakleys are mih lighter and less clunky. As for size, I bought the same size as the Danners and they fit fine. This might be in part because the toe box is very roomy on the Oakleys. The downside -- they are the squeakiest boots I've ever owned when the sole is wet and they have a slight delamination problem where the sides of the soles have separated from the leather where the sole bends near the toes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Technologically, aside from the tread pattern, I think the new Merrill or Nike ACG boots look more advanced.

A coyote brown version is supposed to come out in February.

DavidTHR

Enlightened
Thanks for the info on the Oakley Assault boots!

They sound like what I am looking for.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

DavidTHR

Enlightened
A question: Size-wise, how do the Oakley Assault boots run?

If I normally wear a Size 12 boot, what size Oakley should I order?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, I've seen the shoe version, and a very slightly different boot at Sportmart for $74.00

--dan

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
At that price for a boot, I'll stick with my bates Enforcer's at $60.00/pair.
I've had excellent luck over the years with Bates.

DavidTHR

Enlightened
Thanks for the info on the Oakleys.

I ended up buying a pair of the Oakley SI Assault boots off ebay.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif