Soda can Flashlight

GODOFWAR

Banned
Hi everyone I have question what is the best soda can flashlight and the brightest and the highest quality flashlight ever made cuz I want to buy one and I only want the highest quality on the planet. :)

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not the expert but I have the ThruNite TN36UT, which produces around 7,000 lumen. There's a TN36UTvn version that nearly doubles that output though.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not the expert but I have the ThruNite TN36UT, which produces around 7,000 lumen. There's a TN36UTvn version that nearly doubles that output though.
I agree. TN36UTvn is the current leader of the pack in soda can lights, at 13,400 lumens, cw, domes on. A little bit shorter: MM15MBvn, 9,000 lumens, cw, domes on. A little bit shorter: Noctigon Meteor M43 vn XPL pdtc at 7,400 lumens. I have all three, because I love soda can flooders. All three I have with original drivers. There are also VN drivers, too.

Newest: Mountain Electronics Mega M6 SupFire 12 x XP-l HI, at 12,000 lumens. Richard has done an extensive modification. This item is longer than the TN36UT. I have not purchased it, yet. If Richard did it, it has to be among the best quality.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^Nice flooders!!! I've only got the one, and I wish I'd known about the vn version earlier or I'd have gotten it... but I'll soon have the TK75vnQ70. Not a pop can but it's pretty sweet.

The Miller

Newly Enlightened
The Mega M6
The Noctigon Meteor
from Mountain Electronics

Oh yeah the Q8 I am working on should be pretty awesome as well ;)

RollerBoySE

Enlightened
As far as I understand Mountain Electronics buys their Noctigon Meteors from Intl Outdoor without the LEDs and adds the LEDs themselves before delivery to the customer.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Noctigon Meteor - superb build quality. Extremely short for a soda can light. Your choice of LEDs, up to 8,000 lumens.

Mega M6 (modified Supfire M6 from Mountain Electronics) - Without a doubt, the brightest soda can light you can buy. Very high build quality. Modded by one of the best around. Relatively cheap for a super-bright quality light. Max output (depending on choice of LED): 12,000 lumens.

GODOFWAR

Banned
Noctigon Meteor - superb build quality. Extremely short for a soda can light. Your choice of LEDs, up to 8,000 lumens.

Mega M6 (modified Supfire M6 from Mountain Electronics) - Without a doubt, the brightest soda can light you can buy. Very high build quality. Modded by one of the best around. Relatively cheap for a super-bright quality light. Max output (depending on choice of LED): 12,000 lumens.

Is it the same guy how made them both

CUL8R

Enlightened

I disagree. While I have a number of Richard's lights and like them all, I don't have the Mega M6, so haven't directly compared it to my TN36UTvn. However it seems 13400/12600 OTF lumens should certainly be brighter than 12000 lumens. Although with that many lumens, both should be visually almost indistinguishable. I guess it depends on the beam patterns and which you prefer. I know I certainly like Vinh's light! :D

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I disagree. While I have a number of Richard's lights and like them all, I don't have the Mega M6, so haven't directly compared it to my TN36UTvn. However it seems 13400/12600 OTF lumens should certainly be brighter than 12000 lumens. Although with that many lumens, both should be visually almost indistinguishable. I guess it depends on the beam patterns and which you prefer. I know I certainly like Vinh's light! :D

I don't have those Vinh lights so can't compare directly.

The 12,000 mega-M6 is basically 12 XPL HI with I think a FET driver. So basically direct-drive performance. Don't think it can get much better than that.

I know Vinh and Richard are friends. I suspect they do some work together on drivers.