How many forum members does it take...

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
This may be old news, but I saw it posted on another bbs I was reading earlier today and I had never seen it before. I thought it was hilarious /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gee, and both just this past year, so I should have known better. Interesting how I never saw it... I suspect you guys are keeping some of the better posts from me! I want this culture of secrecy and lies to stop! You must share the good jokes with me!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JOshooter

Enlightened
I bet we can fit more people in there somehow...

Another 20 to argue whether changing a lightbulb means in a household fixture or in a torch.

Empath

Flashaholic
How Many Dogs Does It Take To Change A Lightbulb

1. Golden Retriever: "The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worring about a stupid burned out bulb?"

2. Border Collie: "Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code. Yes, this one would be my GROMIT....."

3. Dachshund: "You know I can't reach that stupid lamp!"

4. Rottweiler: "Make me."

5. Boxer: "Who cares? I can still play with my squeeky toy in the dark."

6. Lab: "Oh, me, me!!! Pleeeeeeeze let me change the light bulb! Can I? Huh? Huh? Can I? Pleeeeeeeeze, please, please, please!"

7. German Shepherd: "I'll change it as soon as I've lead these people from the dark, check to make sure I haven't missed any, and make just one more parameter patrol to see that no one has tried to take advantage of the situation."

8. Jack Russell Terrier: "I'll just pop it in while I'm bouncing off the walls and furniture."

9. Old English Sheep Dog: "Light bulb? I'm sorry, but I don't see a light bulb."

10. Cocker Spaniel: "Why change it? I can still pee on the carpet in the dark..."

11. Chihuahua: "Yo quiero Taco Bulb."

12. Pointer: "I see it, there it is, there it is, right there....."

13. Greyhound: "It isn't moving. Who cares?"

14. Australian Shepherd: "First, I'll put all the light bulbs in a little circle....."

15. Poodle: "I'll just blow in the Border Collie's ear and he'll do it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry."

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully at least some of these are "new".

Disclaimer: All of the following comments are factious. Any resemblance to CPF members is purely coincidental. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(If ANY of these are offensive, please PM me and I will remove them.)

How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

6 to state that military grade bulbs produce beautiful light, but are overpriced.

12 to state that civilian grade bulbs are cheap and reliable, but produce ugly light.

9 to state that the runtime vs. brightness claims of the new bulb are exaggerated.

1 to post runtime vs. brightness plots of the new bulb.

8 to complain about the units of measurement used in the runtime vs. brightness plots.

7 to announce that Dory is selling new bulbs cheaper.

18 to say that the Dory bulbs are not available in their state.

1 to announce he has found Nemo - oops, wrong forum.

3 to say that most new bulbs are made by Newavi.

4 to say that Newavi imports, but does not actually manufacture new bulbs.

5 to suggest rebuilding the old bulb, rather that replacing it.

87 to insist that the new bulb must be smaller and brighter than the old bulb.

9 to ask where they can get the best price on new bulbs.

2 to suggest doing a group buy of new bulbs.

11 to suggest that the old bulb would have lasted longer if
it had "soft start" circuitry.

8 to complain about the switch that controls power to the bulb.

4 to post detailed instructions on how to "fix" the switch.

1 to create a microprocessor controlled switch for the replacement bulb.

4 to complain that the new bulbs are too large to EDC.

3 to announce that they have seen the new bulbs available on Ebay.

9 to gather in Califon NJ to see if the new bulb can light up a hillside that is nearly a mile away.

15 to say they will not buy a new bulb until they read several reviews.

6 to ask if it ok to direct drive the new bulbs

4 to ask if the new bulbs will work ok with a lithium based power source.

18 to ask if the new bulbs will work ok using a rechargeable power source.

1 to start a thread about using green energy to power the new bulbs.

97 to say they already have a green bulb, and they are not happy with it.

1 to buy ten of the new bulbs, and then sell off all but the brightest and whitest bulb.

1 to test the new bulb using an assortment of ambulatory devices and plumbing fixtures.

1 to design and custom manufacture a Variable Intensity Product which will effectively obsolete most other bulbs.

245 to jump on the waiting list for the new bulb.

1 to use Photoshop to superimpose the new bulb onto a photo of a military UAV.

47 to be impressed with how powerful Photoshop is.

19 to ask about the bin code of the new bulb.

17 to ask if the new bulb will be available in HA.

5 to debate what power level the new bulb should be run at.

7 to debate the relative merits of spot vs. throw on the new bulb.

9 to debate the relative merits of reflectors vs. optics for the new bulb.

2 to discuss the thermodynamics of the new bulb.

3 to hold an informal contest to see how grossly they can overdrive the new bulb without exploding it in less than
thirty seconds.

6 to suggest adding GID powder to the fixture before installing the new bulb.

11 to complain that the new bulb is only rated water resistant, not water proof.

1 to attach the new bulb to his diving gear, and test it "at depth."

5 to announce that a new model military grade bulb will be available soon.

9 to proclaim the new bulb is probably vaporware.

25 to preorder the new style bulb even though neither the specifications nor even the price is posted on the
manufactures website.

7 to say that they intend to mod the new bulb, no matter how good it works right out of the box.

3 insiders to say that the new bulbs will not be available for at least five months.

25 to post in Cheers and Jeers to say that Dan shipped their new bulb the same day that they preordered it.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
[ QUOTE ]
Stainless said:
Disclaimer: All of the following comments are factious. Any resemblance to CPF members is purely coincidental. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(If ANY of these are offensive, please PM me and I will remove them.)

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it is great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Should I PM you to tell you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
If anyone finds that offensive, sorry.