Will any big companies make multi XHP70 LED Flashlights?

Smood

Newly Enlightened
I know Vin Nguyen mods the TK75 with XHP70 LEDs to make an insane light with 14,000+ lumens but I wonder if any companies will make such a light so I can buy with a warranty?

Seems like these new LEDs are getting close to HID levels of power.

I was also thinking, if you put a few of these in a thor cyclops based housing or even 1 in a SR90 body, and get it running with those big reflectors... it should be a throwing monster!

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
It would be awesome if one company would jump into that, but for now, I doubt any major manufacturer will.
Such lights will be expensive to make, and I wonder if there is a large/big market for those kind of lights. Specially since it will be a high priced light. Olight showed the X9 on Shot this year, which should do around 12000 lumens.
But if one takes their chances and it sells well, I expect others will follow quickly.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plus what kj2 indicates in the post above,

There is the Niwalker MM15MB and also the Thrunite TN36UT, replete with multiple XHP70 emitters, but the reflectors are smaller than in the TK75, so not "such a" beam pattern as the TK75.

The Olight X9 Prototype is fan cooled and has four XHP50 emitters, if I recall correctly.

It would be great to have a factory light with 14,000+ lumens, with some claims to some throw. I would want to go for two pieces of such a light: One with factory warranty, and another modded for lumen boost.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most likely next year there will be a new LED, and we will see flashlights with 20,000 lumens with a low of 2,000 lumens.

Latest posts