½ press to get to low mode (1lm)
Up to 1000 Lm (Insane brightness)
Compact (Great for an EDC)
Dual Purpose Headlamp / EDC Light
18650 batteries / CR123
90 Degree Head

Cons:

Light gets hot
(Not too hot to touch or where it will burn you but just gets warmer then some of my other lights)

Turbo Mode (1000lm) only last 5 minutes then switches to High (400lm)
This is still PLENTY of light and as I found I didn't ever really need to use turbo mode for longer than 5 minutes.

Cant use flat top batteries only Button top 18650's
(Make sure that you purchase a Button top battery for this light, the flat top ones will not make contact with the terminal on the positive side)

About the Light
I received this light from Nitecore to review but this video in no way is bias towards Nitecore. I have been a huge fan of Nitecore lights and my latest light that I bought was the MH27 and absolutely love it.

There are a few main reasons that I chose to request the UC30. The first and biggest seller for me was the Dual use of this light, I have a huge collection of lights but most of them are throwers and are bigger and bulkier lights. This light is in no way "Bulky" and fits very easily in your pocket or clips on to your bag or belt.

For my reviews I don't like to just sit at my table and show you how bright the light is on the wall of my living room but instead I go out and actually use them in the environment that they are made for. This light will be used by me on a daily basis and the uses will involve walking my two dogs at night, taking my dogs out to the bathroom before bed and working on my Car/Suv that I have.

Features

The UI that this light provides it up to par with my other lights. It uses one button to turn on and off the light and cycle through the modes. It takes a little bit of time to get used to and learn all the settings but once you figure it out and play with it for a little while you get used to it.

Included Clip can be used to mount the light anywhere

Images

Images of headlight and contents in box
Headlamp Strap, Light, O Rings, Belt clip, Replacement Switch cover

Nitecore UC30(1000lm) compared to my Coast HL6 Right (285lm) Princeton Tec Yukon HL Left(78lm)

The size of this light is tiny compared to the big and bulky Princeton Tec at a whopping 78lm and its comparable to the Coast HL6 light. The Coast Light uses a battery pack in the back and the light head in the front so it does add some bulk to the light.

1000 lumen beam shot

Light Mounted on My bike with 2 zip ties

70 Lumen Mode

210 Lumen Mode

400 Lumen Mode

1000 Lumen Mode

Light can be easily cleaned and maintained

Shot of the CREE XM-L2 U2 led and reflector

In conclusion this headlamp is VERY awesome and would recommend this to anyone that i know. If you need a bright headlamp that is a dual purpose light with long run times then this is the light for you!

Last edited:

Chinook

Newly Enlightened
Nice handy dual purpose light. And it is my only Nitecore (out of six) that will accept the LG HG2.

UzdTIgG.jpg

I also appreciate that from off you can long press for direct access to turbo
and double click from off gives a 1000lm blinding strobe

Last edited: