Lumintop SDmini vs. Nitecore MH20GT

livingsurvival

Newly Enlightened
Very, very similar lights. I prefer the dual stage mode button on the Nitecore for instant access to low and turbo but not a deal breaker. I also like the lower (low) mode on the Nitecore but again not a deal breaker. The Lumintop tool being my favorite EDC light that is always in my pocket the SDmini is a welcome addition to my collection. As I have said in other reviews/previews I am not a super flashlight expert but try to show the light in layman style. Any input or changes I should do to my reviews would be welcomed. Thanks for checking it out.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
The mini USB port on the Lumintop is waterproof with the flap open ala UC35? Are you sure? Is that stated in the manual? I must admit that the knurling on the Lumintop is gorgeous! How about thermal regulation? The GT has it what about the Lumintop? Idk what you are talking about when you say the Lumintop has a better beam. They look about dead even to me. The GT has better UI. The mode spacing between the two aside from the lowest mode look to be about the same. The GT has a solid 10000k candela on the lumintop. I do indeed like that the Lumintop has springs at both ends of the tube. Also just how well does the built in charger on the Lumintop work? Did you measure the cell with a multi meter when the light signaled a full charge? MH20 and the GT variant are the only lights I have seen that actually can charge to a full 4.20v. The holster the Lumintop comes with is far and above the cheap holster the Nitecore comes with which scores big points with me. In the end I feel the GT is still the better light. The GT's UI is nothing short of incredible voltage readout and all. The GT has tested out here on the forum from 995 to 1050 lumens consistently. Only thing working against the GT is that the lower modes are actually a good bit brighter in reality vs what Nitecore has them listed at. Not sure what you are talking about as per the hot spot of the beams etc. The hot spot of the GT has a good corona around a well defined hot spot while in many of your beam shots the Lumintop just puts out a hot spot thats it. No corona no spill I find that just odd.

livingsurvival

Newly Enlightened
The mini USB port on the Lumintop is waterproof with the flap open ala UC35? Are you sure? Is that stated in the manual? I must admit that the knurling on the Lumintop is gorgeous! How about thermal regulation? The GT has it what about the Lumintop? Idk what you are talking about when you say the Lumintop has a better beam. They look about dead even to me. The GT has better UI. The mode spacing between the two aside from the lowest mode look to be about the same. The GT has a solid 10000k candela on the lumintop. I do indeed like that the Lumintop has springs at both ends of the tube. Also just how well does the built in charger on the Lumintop work? Did you measure the cell with a multi meter when the light signaled a full charge? MH20 and the GT variant are the only lights I have seen that actually can charge to a full 4.20v. The holster the Lumintop comes with is far and above the cheap holster the Nitecore comes with which scores big points with me. In the end I feel the GT is still the better light. The GT's UI is nothing short of incredible voltage readout and all. The GT has tested out here on the forum from 995 to 1050 lumens consistently. Only thing working against the GT is that the lower modes are actually a good bit brighter in reality vs what Nitecore has them listed at. Not sure what you are talking about as per the hot spot of the beams etc. The hot spot of the GT has a good corona around a well defined hot spot while in many of your beam shots the Lumintop just puts out a hot spot thats it. No corona no spill I find that just odd.

I'm not sure they would actually state that but putting it in the sink for an hour with the cap off is good enough for me. Yes it has thermal regulation, polarity protection, ar coated and tempered reflector window. As far as the beam goes it is more uniform at all levels. Not sure the camera can pick that up but that is my impression. Still playing around with camera settings. Again, I am no expert at beams, spill and coronas but getting better. Thanks for the comment and input. I will test the battery to see what it reads at a full charge.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
thank you for the reply. I must admit the Lumintop is a very attractive looking light! Watched your video. The lumintop switch is just single stage? As for the beams it is all really subjective unless the difference is very clear and extreme. Still the GT's dual stage switch plus the voltage readout and locator beacon beneath the switch score huge points. The GT absolutely out throws the Lumintop. I must say though the holster the Lumintop comes with is incredible its quality on a level like the new Armyteks come with. I am so sick of certain companies making these amazing lights then include a shoddy holster that damn near feels it was stitched together from torn pieces of a burlap sack. I use Keeppower 3500mah 10 amp cells in almost all my lights including the GT to get the most performance out of it as possible.