Arc4x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the process of building the Arc4+, we have come across a rare grade of LED. I am not ready to say where I got them because competitors read this forum but I will say what they can do. In fact, I will provide precise numbers, independantly varified without a lot of undo hype.

Arc4x Arc Select
40% brighter than the 4+
LSI tested to produce at least 46 lumens @level 1
$195 each
Limited quantities

The 4x is a race car so it requires racing gas. I would recommend you run it on Duracells to insure longer level 1 usage. The software is the lastest Arc4 rev so all the features are there. The housing, HA variations, etc are all the same and of course, it works with all the Arc4 accessories (present and future). What you are really getting with the 4x is a better LED that produces a lot more raw lumens.

And no, we are not "cheating" by using a tighter focus, etc. This is the same usefull beam of the 4+. This 40% output increase is measured in LUMENS not candlepower. This means you are actually getting more light and not just snazzy meter readings.

I will put the first batch up on the website tomorrow and we can start shipping the same day. If we are constantly sold out, I will start putting them up on ebay so you guys can determine how much you want to pay for them.

Enjoy.

Peter

paulr

Flashaholic
Sounds like a Luxeon III /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Darell

Flashaholic
The most important fact missing from this list is the current being seen by the emitter. Since the rest of the Arc4 product has been "brightness calibrated" at the expense of consistent runtime, it would be interesting to know what the current draw of the "x" is, and therefor how long a battery would last. I don't have a clear picture of how this emitter is 40% brighter. If it is completely due to efficiency, then you'd probably have to kill me after telling me, but I'm willing ot take that risk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
holy *@#@$@ i wish i had money!

can you give us some form of bin info? are these just way more efficient than current leds?
i'd be really interested in hearing how these things are brighter...

wow, really sucks i'm going to miss out on this... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter,

You have to give us something better than that. Current consumption, bin, tint, led type, runtime, etc. How does runtime compare to the present Arc 4? How long can it maintain level 1 before kicking down to level 2 due to the heat produced or the battery running low?

I understand you can't reveal your sources but I'm sure it should be quite safe to give more specific technical specs.

Since you recommend the use of Duracell batteries, is it possible for Arc to start selling them on its website? It's hard enough for others to find 123's let alone specific brands of it.

I think there's no doubt it will always be in short supply. Will you be accepting orders even if they are out of stock?

Bill

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Man, this is hurting my wallet! This one sounds GREAT, but I just have to wait for that flared tail (hopefully?)!

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
scary as this is, I agree with Darell....what is gonna happen to runtime?

oh yeah, billson too, what tint are we talking there Mr. Peter Evilman?

kj

Enlightened
Gosh. I think I need to buy this and do runtime tests. But it's hard to get Duracell here so I hope Peter allows me to post my runtime results with SureFire, Sanyo or Panasonic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cynix

Newly Enlightened
damn, i should've waited /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

edit: peter, will i be able to send the 4+ back (30-day guarantee), and order a 4x?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
cynix, plenty of cpfers are dying to get their hands on the arc4, which are currently backordered.

maybe it would be a better idea to sell it to one of them?

tusenkonstnar

Newly Enlightened
If it's important to use very good batteries in this one, will It be posible to use the Arc5 in it's brightest mode with only one 123 battery?

The reason for asking is because of this:
First it was said that the Arc5 (then called LS5) would have more lumens than Arc4 but that it would also be bigger.
I decided to go for the ARc4 because it is small enough for EDC.
Now when it turns out that Arc5 will hade the same size and about the same throw but a lot more lumens I decided to go for the Arc5 (I don't like having to tight spot when searching for something). But my question now is if the Arc5 will be able to give full output with the 123 pack?
Another question is if I'm running mu Arc5 on level 5 (maybe the same brightness as Arc4 on level one). Which one will last longest?

cynix

Newly Enlightened
good idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
thx for the suggestion Rothrandir... i'll take a walk to the b/s/t section

Status
Not open for further replies.