Anyone sell a quad Nichia 219B P60?

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that I can get (and already have preordered) the new Astrolux S41 if I want a quad Nichia. But there are times when I would rather have more runtime than I can get from a single 18650. I also know that Vinh sells a quad, but that uses the lower CRI Nichia 219C. But is there a quad available that actually uses the high CRI Nichia 219B?

ven

Flashaholic
Email vinh who you have mentioned , he should be able to get hold of them or some customers even send their own led's to him. Just thoughts.....

Croquette

Enlightened
Is there a reason you want quad instead of triple ?

Will the lumen difference be really obvious ?

ven

Flashaholic
Is there a reason you want quad instead of triple ?

Will the lumen difference be really obvious ?

I have a few triples and quads, the quads do put out more light with a larger hot spot(all hot spot like the triple, just bigger). So i would say obvious difference, of course the part of what driver is used also makes a difference.

I would love a nichia 219B hi cri quad p60 at some point, would be a very nice and useful light.......

Croquette

Enlightened
Thanks for your answer.

I was wondering if the 30% increase was a reason to have a quad instead of a triple vs going for a larger flashlight like a meteor nichia 219b

As I rarely use my lights at max output, il will stay with triple.

OP, I think vinh can clearly make a quad 219b instead of 219c. Every time I email him, I have a fast response.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of Vinh's quad drop-ins, but made with 219b (v1) 4000k 93CRI LEDs instead of the 219c listed as standard.

I'm not sure if he has any of these LEDs left, but if he does he's certainly happy to make drop-ins with them instead.