RIP Muhammad Ali

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rest in peace, Mr. Ali
I remember watching him as a kid in that famous fight in Manila.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember watching him and joe Frazier on wonderama as a kid in the 60's or 70's. They were playing marbles on the show and Muhammad Ali ticked off Joe so badly they got into a fight on the live broadcast in front of all those 5-year-olds & had to be separated

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
He was a amazing, one of a kind guy. He also had some amazing quotes.
One of my favorites: "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20, has wasted 30 years of his life"

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Shocker!

I heard he'd been hospitalized but was expected to be released.

Like others I watched a few of his fights. I really enjoyed the love/hate thing with he and Howard Cosell.

But I learned from him that pissing off your enemy to the point of rage puts you at a distinct advantage, so long as you remember he is your enemy.... unless your enemy was Mike Tyson. lol

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Photographed him once at the Beverly Hilton at a luncheon of which I forget what the event was. Saw him at a table in the ballroom, and asked him for some photos. He could not have been cooler.

When I had what I needed he even asked if I had enough, and we shook hands. I remember saying "Thanks Champ."

R.I.P Champ.

Last edited:

Milw light

Newly Enlightened
I have mixed feelings about him. He was certainly one of the all time great boxers & faced the heaviest sluggers with no outward signs of fear. He was a draft dodger & everyone can make up their own minds as to his reasons. He did a lot of good though & maybe his life was more important than the 50,000 that died in Vietnam. He won't ever be my hero....he will be someone who made the most of his citizenship....paid for by someone else.