TELEPHONY (CRAIG JOHNSON) IS IN TROUBLE

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the pictures posted in chit chat. Not only has he suffered financial loss but it will be difficult for him to straighten up from his wheelchair. Looks like a nightmare. I wish I lived close enough to help him clean up. I wish there was something I could do for this man who has done so much for us. I really feel bad for him. My lights don`t seem so bright right now. They don`t seem so important.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I was telling my wife of the tragedy that befell our museum and it`curator and she said "well, instead of spending $20.00 on that stupid turquoise Photon you want why don`t you send it to the museum".Hmm...Well, of course she is wrong, turquoise Photons are not stupid. But I must agree that the museum could use some help now. I can always get a "stupid Photon" later.I purpose that for every ten dollars sent to the museum we get one star (yes...your right...it`s the only hope I have of getting any). How does this idea sound gentlemen? We could call it the " get our museum back on track soon fundraiser" or something like that.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Good idea Ken. Why don't you post the address where we can make a donation to the museum. If we all chipped in, Craig could buy a new monitor and replace some of the items that got broken in the earth quake.
He needs our help. Count me in.

Brad

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can count me in. Just because were part of an "internet community" and may be seperated by thousands of miles doesn't mean we can't help our neighbors out. Craig has given so much. Now it's our turn. C'mon everyone, let's show we care.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm...I know I saw his address some where on his site but I can not find it now
confused.gif
Brock, I know you send him many lights for further review, can you help us if you feel it would be alright?

Brock

Flashaholic
I think Paypal would be the easiest way to go and the safest, other than sending check to him via snail mail. Craig to you have a Paypal address? His snail mail address is

Craig Johnson
c/o LED Museum
1531 1st Ave #305
Seattle WA. 98101-1557

Brock

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found it, good thing it was not a snake. Right there on the main page under contact...imagine that...LOL. Ok, here it is.

THE LED MUSEUM
1531 1st Ave #305
Seattle WA. 98101-1557

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Hi guys... I'm back, at least in part.
The main computer (the one I use for the internet) was damaged beyond repair and failed the day after the quake. So I had to go out and buy a new motherboard, processor, RAM, and modem. Then since the new board didn't understand my funky hard drive setup I had to reformat - losing everything of course, like e-mail, bookmarks, and some of my web material. Then I have to reinstall Windows and all of the other goodies who's installation CDs didn't get busted.
Between disposal chores and refitting the "new" computer and trying to find out why the #&%^@ IRQs kept conflicting, I've been up for about the last fifty hours.
Apparently, fish water got where it didn't belong... the same way my monitor bit it.
I just now got back online.

Anyway, they finally put out a dumpster for me.
smile.gif

dumper1.jpg

Everything in there so far is mine. There are two more lamps, two more chairs, a computer monitor, and about ten or eleven more of those big plastic bags on the front edge where you can't see them from this shot.
This dumpster is 1 story high, so I have to lob everything up high and hope it doesn't bounce off the upper edge before it clears the top.
smile.gif

Heavier monitors and furniture I'll have to just leave outside the dumpster and hope I don't get in trouble for doing so.

Anyway, I see a rather long thread has developed here. I really appreciate the help. The address you have is correct.
PayPal is best, but if you send paper, please try to remember to make it out in my name, not my website's name, though my site has been around long enough my bank probably won't give me any guff.

Once I can get all the rubble and broken items hauled away, I can get back to flashlights and LEDs, like I was just before this whole mess happened.

http://ledmuseum.home.att.net

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yo2tup:
what email address for paypal?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Use my email: [email protected]
This is the account I used for my online shop before everything got trashed, so PayPal should show it as a verified premier member account.
thanks
smile.gif

More pictures... http://safeco2.home.att.net/quake2.htm http://safeco2.home.att.net/quake3.htm

I cut the page into two and then added a third. The end of page 2 and all of page 3 are newer pictures... thanks.

P.S.
Those who may have ordered LEDs or flashlights from my site last week, I'll try to get them out tomorrow (Monday) as soon as I dig a little of my office out of the rubble. I think I found all of the flashlights (including all of the loaners) but I still need to dig out certain office supplies before I can start mailing again.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenBar:
In her innocence, she had a suggestion..." Dad, he has just way way way to much glass...he needs much more plastic things and toys like my sippicup..."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny she should say that... half of my plastic stuff also got broken too.
Just not in the same way most of the glassware was lost.
Can you say "bricks" and "gravity"?
blush.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I confess, I don`t know how to use Paypal. Can someone explain in some detail how I can use it. As Brock says it would be faster and maybe easier to. I don`t even know where to go. I would rather put it on my credit card than have the trouble of getting a M/O. Thanks!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I will pay $50 bucks, at least, to Craig, as soon as I get an explanation as to why there are about a dozen insulators on the couch in the first picture and about 3 dozen in the TV station picture. Aftershocks, Craig??
rolleyes.gif
or melodramatic license? (I'm sending it any way - don't worry)
smile.gif

Craig;
By the way I don't think it would be a waste of time to phone FEMA and ask for help cleaning up!
I worked for them in 1980 during the 'Cuban Boat Lift' and local people often sign up just to do this sort of work in disasters -- find their number - tell them your situation...let us know what they say, of course...good luck...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Ken,

Just go to paypal.com and enter your credit card info. Then you can send money to any e-mail address. I have used paypal a lot to buy stuff on e-bay. The money you send is deducted from your credit card or bank account your choice. It works great and I never had any trouble with it.

Brad

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ted the Led:
I will pay $50 bucks, at least, to Craig, as soon as I get an explanation as to why there are about a dozen insulators on the couch in the first picture and about 3 dozen in the TV station picture. Aftershocks, Craig??
rolleyes.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first picture was taken while the shaking was still going on (about fifteen seconds after the initial shock), and just before the heaviest series of jolts arrived - the ones that emptied the whole display onto the couch at once. Thank the lithium batteries I put in the camera sometime back, since I grabbed the camera so fast all the cords got yanked out at once.
smile.gif

The camera is normally kept right next to (and connected to) my computer, so I had it right there - and it was the first thing I grabbed before leaving my seat.
grin.gif

If I remember, it was even still on from a download I did an hour or so earlier.
Too bad I didn't have a video camera. That footage would have definitely made all four stations.
blush.gif

The picture with the couch full is only SLIGHTLY "melodramatic" as you put it; as four or five pieces that stayed on the shelf were quickly placed there so an aftershock wouldn't do them in quite so easily. But by the time the shaking of the main quake had stopped, at least 80 of the 88 insulators were already on the couch and the surrounding floor - all without my help.
frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
By the way I don't think it would be a waste of time to phone FEMA and ask for help cleaning up!
I worked for them in 1980 during the 'Cuban Boat Lift' and local people often sign up just to do this sort of work in disasters -- find their number - tell them your situation...let us know what they say, of course...good luck...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got a call yesterday from King County with this info after the TV station said all who had damage should report it on a special website. As I understand though, the type of damage that FEMA is interested in in this area is structural, not cleaning up broken personal property within the confines of a perfectly sound building. But I'll see what they have to say tomorrow. Although my dumpster is slowly filling up, there are a lot of articles I simply cannot move as they won't fit in the floorboard of my wheelchair.
Maybe they can direct me to someone paid (by FEMA) to help clean up, or help subsidize the wages of anyone I'm forced to hire.

The news gives all kinds of info about help for HOMEOWNERS, but not one iota of info of agencies that will assist the fixed income disabled population living in apartments and with no insurance who had damage just as severe as anyone else.
mad.gif

Maybe FEMA can help answer that question too.

Anyway, when I get my monitor replaced (est. 6 to 8 days) I'll do some updates to the LED Museum and add another page who's contents will remain secret until that time.
Well, back to filling the dumpster... I'll drop in again sometime tonight if I have the chance.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I sent my $20 thru Pay Pal. I sure hope it works. I hope it didn`t end up on some deserted island in the South Pacific
tongue.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Craig,

In case you didn't get my e-mail, my wife and I are still willing to come down and help move some of those larger items out to the dumpster. That should save you a little money. You've been of help to me and I don't mind returning the favor. Let me know.
smile.gif

Mark