ArmyTek        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What knives do you have incoming?

Default Re: What knives do you have incoming?

Thanks.
    Actually the SP2 is my son's. Hopefully we'll play with it a little this weekend. I'm undecided, if I'll just take his when I go camping, get one of my own, get one that is longer, get a holster for the "Old Hickory", or get an SP8 machete.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Sssh Re: What knives do you have incoming?

Got a pair of 38" blades coming in for the Snapper tractor.... does that count?

Yep. Lol.

Bill

RAT-7 with custom G10 handle slabs, custom kydex sheath, and Leather belt loop backing for it originally made for another knife company that ordinarily is on a different sheath. Looks like I'll definitely be getting it before my BK9, with optional factory micarta scales, and a different custom kydex sheath for that knife. I'll give them until Dec. 3rd to contact me. But it looks like the folks at one custom kydex site are likely getting a Jeer, while the individual handling my RAT-7 order will be getting a Cheer. We'll see..... Oh yeah, another ESEE Zancuda. It's shipping with my RAT-7. Got one already, and in short order it has become my favorite EDC knife. Yes, even toppling my former King of the Mountain, my Spyderco Delica4.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Illum View Post
    Got a pair of 38" blades coming in for the Snapper tractor.... does that count?
    Let me know if you want a couple of custom G10 scales for those. I know a guy.....
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Flashaholic*

I live near the Buck factory in Idaho, and they will be having their Christmas sale in a week. I am going to visit the factory store, and take a look at the large Spitfire folding knife.
    http://www.buckknives.com/product/sp...ife/0722FAM01/

If they price it under $30, an orange one will likely be coming home with me.

I have a purple handled Spyderco Delica 4, Spyderco Centofante Memeory, and a Kershaw Launch 4 all n their way. My interest in knives recently reemerged when I bought Benchmade 940....then the 300...then a Military in 110 steel....and then...well, you get the idea.
    WANTED: Malkoff MD3/MD4 Bodies, Tail Switches, Head Assemblies, Hi/Lo Rings--Any condition. Contact Me If You Have these Items: PM or Johnmpruner@gmail.com. Thanks, JP

Piranha X, black with black blade. Sold my Spyderco Autonomy so I wanted to get another automatic in my pocket and the Piranhas seemed neat.

Waiting on a Strider SMF with gunner grips. It's my first. I can't wait.

A Ka Bar leather sheath should be here Tuesday for the "Old Hickory"
    Hopefully an Ontario Knife Company SP8 Machete will arrive today, to compliment the pair below.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    Ontario Knife Company SP-2 survival arrived today, to compliment my OKC "Old Hickory" which is 40 years old this year.

The SP8 came in today!

Another picture for sizing:

Last edited by Poppy; 12-01-2016 at 12:45 PM.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

I am really looking forward to own a Hunter Spring Assisted Knife. The sharp blade with a smooth flipper really attracts me.

Just got this it goes well with my spy

Chris

Latest version, manual open Benchmade Stryker.

Had one of the original liner-lock models back in the day when I was just a teenager. After awhile, my knife and I would soon be parted. Very unfortunate. That was decades ago, and yes; only recently have I had the chance to replace it. Latest version has Benchmade's Axis-lock.

Anyone else remember when Benchmade literally made the absolute best liner-locks in the industry? Even better than what you found on custom-made knives back then. Then overnight, Axis-lock was introduced and literally all their best selling liner-lock models were soon discontinued one-by-one. All, except the Stryker. Eventually, it too fell. Only to be resurrected with an Axis-lock and thumb-stud openers instead of its original thumb-disks. Okay, the studs are an improvement. Glad I found one with an uncoated plain edge blade like my original.

Flashaholic*

I bought a cheap Hobo style Ka-Bar knife because I kept losing auctions on the Case hobo I actually wanted. : D
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

Flashaholic

Got my micro praetorian last week. Fun little knife.

Flashaholic

Ordered released yesterday Busse Nano Fusion Natural Outlaw, BIG Satin Finish with tan-black G10 handle
    May take some time to arrive though. Long line.
    http://www.bussecombat.com/nano-fusi...-satin-finish/

Quote Originally Posted by msim View Post
    I have a Benchmade mini griptillian with OD handle and black coated blade on the way. My nicest knife for sure. I currently edc a Spyderco Dragonfly G10 or Delica VG-10 depending on my mood.

Edit - it arrived! I love it

Wow! Most beautifull knife i seen! Where you buy it?

I have a Spyderco Smock coming tomorrow.
    HUG YOUR DOG!

Flashaholic*

I am getting another custom designed knife by 17 year old smith Wyatt Breese. This time I am getting him to make me a Sgian-Dubh.

I picked up two Medfords directly from Greg at the NRAAM last weekend in Indianapolis. A TFF-H and a Praetorian T with blue anodized Ti hardware and George Washington graphic. Absolutely wonderful knives.
    Last edited by Nimitz68; 05-03-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Quote Originally Posted by Masrock View Post
    Wow! Most beautifull knife i seen! Where you buy it?
    Great combination!!
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Latest version, manual open Benchmade Stryker.

Had one of the original liner-lock models back in the day when I was just a teenager. After awhile, my knife and I would soon be parted. Very unfortunate. That was decades ago, and yes; only recently have I had the chance to replace it. Latest version has Benchmade's Axis-lock.

Anyone else remember when Benchmade literally made the absolute best liner-locks in the industry? Even better than what you found on custom-made knives back then. Then overnight, Axis-lock was introduced and literally all their best selling liner-lock models were soon discontinued one-by-one. All, except the Stryker. Eventually, it too fell. Only to be resurrected with an Axis-lock and thumb-stud openers instead of its original thumb-disks. Okay, the studs are an improvement. Glad I found one with an uncoated plain edge blade like my original.
    Mono,

They did make the best liner-locks, and I bought several in the mid 90's, tossed them in the back of the safe, and forgot about them for years, and never used them. This includes a rare butterfly model. They are as nice as anything today, and that includes customs!! At least that is my opinion.

When I unearthed them, I could not believe the time had passed so quickly. I also have the pre-numbered original Axis locks from a knife dealer I knew in Arizona, and at the time, we did not know they would be as popular as they turned out to be!
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

I was just amazed how quickly the best liner-lock company in the industry abandoned their Bread & Butter so completely for the (then) brand new and untested Axis-lock.

My latest Medford Knife and Tool:

Praetorian Swift non-safety auto

Really don't want to go into the reasons why, and own quite a few Made in the USA Spyderco models. However, will be honest about the fact that I have two Spyderco Byrd Harrier 2 models on the way to me. Both with black handles, satin finished blades. One Plain edge, the other a 50/50 Combo serrated edged model.

Flashaholic*

I got a Mini Griptillian (SV30) incoming! I needed one with black scales to go with my SF Titan.

I've got a Victorinox Swisschamp inbound. I've been on a SAK kick recently, having bought a couple donors for modding projects. Recently added a wood saw and fish scaler to a Compact. They are fairly inexpensive and fun.
    "Rage, rage against the dying of the light..."

I've been carrying a pocket knife since 3rd grade. I graduated from sneaking a Hot Wheels car everywhere I went to a pocket knife between 2nd n 3rd grade. They were always little single blade lock back type. Usually a cheap junky kind that did not hold an edge well.

In my 20's my pop showed me how to properly hone an edge that would last, regardless of metal. Of course some holds better than others but he showed me how to get one to last beyond slicing open a couple of cardboard boxes with a surgical stainless blade. I always had brands like Barlow because they were readily available and inexpensive. My pop had German made numbers his pop had gotten from his pop. The blades were about 1/3 gone from being sharpened a million billion times over multiple decades.

I had a Buck for a while but kept losing that model. I mean like 3 days after buying it… gone. After the fourth one disappeared I bought a $3 junk one at Northern Tools and spent about 20 hours putting an edge on it. It could slice open all kinds of stuff before needing a 20 minute tune up. But then I tried one with that new kind of lock and nearly sliced my finger off trying to close it. Me and that front mount lock just did not meld. So I went back to a rear locking Buck again. And again within days it was gone. The curse continued.

I carried that $3 unit a few more years but recently tried a Gerber that comes with a aaa minimag. That's my EDC now along with a twin blade imperial that used to belong to my dad.
    John 3:16

Flashaholic*

I have another Case sodbuster coming. This one a raccoon model. : D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123