Are there any true 10440 compatible lights?

aris1234

Newly Enlightened
Most of the ultra compact lights I've seen are AAA and rated up to 3v. Yes, some people use 10440 batteries, but they are not officially supported and I presume it can damage the emitter?

I'm considering a Ti3 -supposed to be 10440 tolerant. What else is there in a similar price range and is 10440 tolerant?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you looked at any of the DQG? cnqualitygoods has a 4000K (warm tint) stainless steel clicky that is nice. More of a flood and uses 'next mode' interface. They have twisties as well.

The tinywind website offers the trustfire Z-10 that is rated for 10440. It is a gold coated heavy torch that throws more than most in that class. It is highly resistant to accidental activation and has a very tenacious clip. Traits that some of us value highly.

CLHC

Flashaholic
ToolVN.Al/Cu/Ti although price-wise $$$

Hope you find what you're looking for and enjoy! :cool:

Genius1

Newly Enlightened
Brinyte M37, AAA and 10440 are compatible,I like the cute red appearance.

adnj

Enlightened
LumaPower LM21 EDC LED Flashlight with CREE XP-G2

Features:
  • Military Grade Type III hard anodized body
  • Compatible with alkaline, NiMH, or Li-Ion rechargeable batteries
  • Included accessories: spare O-rings, lanyard
Specifications:
  • LED: CREE XP-G2
  • Runs on: 1x AAA (Alkaline/NiMh/Li-ion) (Batteries NOT included)
  • Output mode/Runtime (Li-ion 10440*):
    • High: 300 lumens / 0.7 hr
    • Mid: 185 lumens / 4.33 hr
    • Low: 10 lumens / 53.33 hr
  • Dimensions:
    • Length: 3.5" (90mm)
    • Body Diameter: 0.47" (12mm)
    • Bezel Diameter: 0.57" (14.5mm)

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any true 10440 compatible lights?

Yes, both Eagletac and Ultratac state their lights are 10440 compatible.
They do not have built in Overdischarge protection, Thermal protection, nor Battery Meter.

The Copper ToolVN would be my pick.

Some LiIon COMPATIBLE flashlights may include some or all of the following built in automatic features:

• 1. Over-discharging protection (2.7V cutoff)
  • 2. Thermal regulated outputs
  • 3. Automatic stepping down from High to Medium, and from Medium to Low when battery capacity is low
  • 4. Battery Meter

Some LiIon users who are comfortable without automatic features, might say things like this:

"the manufacturer says its OK to use LiIon, I tried it and it works"
"I turn it off before it gets too hot.."

"I use a Volt Meter regularly so I dont overdischarge the battery"

"the manufacturer says its not OK to use LiIon, but all these brands can "work" with 10440: Maratac, Lumintop, Olight, Thrunite"

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can afford to buy a 10440 and a blf348 and ruin them at least 10x over with carelessness for the cost of the one toolvn. The toolvn is a gigantic waste of money.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
The toolvn is a gigantic waste of money.

Spoken like a man who prioritizes price over features :devil:

The BLF is a single mode light with none of the following features of a ToolVN:

Programmable modes
"Turbo" Timer
Low Voltage Protection
Battery Voltage Check
High Thermal Conductivity

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spoken like a man who prioritizes price over features :devil:

The BLF is a single mode light with none of the following features of a ToolVN:

Programmable modes
"Turbo" Timer
Low Voltage Protection
Battery Voltage Check
High Thermal Conductivity

I do have other lights with those features, features I almost never use. I have a plain old copper tool with a proper nichia 219b. Lets be honest here, the minute size of that light it doesn't matter if it is copper or not, the lumens will drop like a rock FAST.

Plus, when is dead simple to use single mode not a feature? I've been enjoying the single double triple modes these days. I have lights that have many different configurations settings and illumination settings. Bah

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
At ~$20ish the K18 looks like a heck of a light.

I like the BLF348 cause it is simple and it has a nichia in it.

yes the K18 has a lot of great features, my only issue is that it uses PWM (interferes with my iPhotos)

Im a huge NICHIA FAN
Like you I have a copper tool w nichia (reylight version). Price aside, it is a very beautiful material, and has NoPWM.

now some more unofficial 10440 Coppers
I think others have reported they use 10440 in their Copper Tool, and Copper Maratac.
The Copper Lumintop Worm also comes with Nichia, and can be had for 40 bucks on the bay, so cheapest of the bunch. My guess is the Worm will work with a 10440 also, though like the Tool and Maratac, not officially sanctioned.. I havent tried, I only use Eneloops in mine

to the OP
Enjoy Whatever Rocks Your Boat :)
and post a picture!

aris1234

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all - i've ordered the following:

BLF 348 Nichia NVSW219BT - can't argue with that price - almost disposable, and supports 10440, though a bit long for the pocket at 8.9cm. I will keep it for my bag rather than the pocket.

Astrolux A01 Nichia 219B - not (officially) 10440 compatible - but at 6.5cm - nice size for my pocket, and lanyard compatible.

Debating on a 3rd one. UltraTac K18 looks like a contender, though i'm not convinced by that side clicky. Still evaluating some of the suggestions here - without spending silly money. Will post some p̶̷o̶̷r̶̷n̶̷ pics when i get them :clap: