• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: McLux PR, TX1K, DB700

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDITED: SOLD - Thanks for your interest everyone.

I have a black McLux PR with a TX1K and DB700. It displays the whitest beam I've seen in a 1w or Lux3... I built it myself, and I it turned out really well with only a bit of adhesive showing on the anode side of the converter board to mark it as not "professional" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif done. Anyway, my fascination seems to be with the build process, not the final product for some reason so I'm considering selling it... Is there any interest if I priced it around $85 (plus shipping) which is basically what I put into it?

Jon

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Feeler: McLux PR, TX1K, DB700

OK, the potential buyer hasn't been very responsive. If anyone is interested please let me know. The head is in perfect condition - has less than 20 minutes on it - and at $85 I feel it's a great deal. I don't really want to get rid of it, but I need to fund a few more mods that I'd like to try.

There are beamshots in the mods forum in the "TX1K vs..." thread.

Jon

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

this is just a head, right? What does it fit on again?

hideo

Enlightened

hmmmm ... PM sent

hideo

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

BugLightGeek,

This is just the head. It fits Surefire e-series (you'll want an E2 or E2e, not the 1 cell versions), Streamlight Scorpion, UBH and of course the McLux bodies. I've heard that they don't work very well with VitalGear's FBAA (3x123) bodies...

Jon

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's black right? So, I'd need a black E2/E2e so it looked right. Those are still hard to come by, aren't they?

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, it is black and yes black e-series are hard to come by now. I think I read that SF's new E2 Defender will be Black HA which is encouraging and I've also read that McGizmo is working on a replacement for the McLux bodies that might be Black HA.

It actually looks pretty good on a Scorpion, believe it or not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif That's a nice, affordable solution until the Black E2's are available again or some other option is available.

Jon

Banshee

Enlightened

replied to your reply to my PM

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

ok...so, who makes this head and where can I get one directly? a turbohead maybe, in HA and not black...

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

BugLightGeek, I assembled this head from a kit. Some others on here make them specifically for resale, I built mine for personal use but decided to sell it after I build a 5w PM6 McModule.

So again, these are kits. You buy the parts: custom machined and anodized head and bezel, custom modified reflector, custom lens, etc. Then you buy an emitter, solder and soldering iron, thermal adhesive, etc. and build it.

You can find more details in the Sandwich Shoppe forum.

Banshee, PM coming in a second. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon

hideo

Enlightened

Jon, I PMed you awhile back about your benchmade query--did you get it?

hideo

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

hmmm...I question my skills about being able to put together all the right components. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif Especially given the seemingly large problem lately of securing a good quality emitter.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes I did but I think I failed to respond... Sorry...

I had just read about the 530 on Knifecenter and BladeForums and had a thought. Last thing I need is another pocket knife though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jon

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

BugLightGeek, I destroyed over $80 worth of parts when I first started. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif This head turned out very well though - I'm kinda sorry I'm selling it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, maybe the joy for you is in the build.
I wish I could share in that, I'm just not at a place where I can do that.

But, maybe we can help each other out. PM sent!