Are there HDS System salesman on CPF??

shrike2222

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello.

I have a problem to my HDS EDC Nichia219B recently I bought it.
It's reflector has some dings on surface. And border line of reflector is not perfectly clean finish.
See photos. (link http://imgur.com/a/fRUOO)

5jJnRp6.jpg

zF1sHtS.jpg

Anyway I sent a e-mail HDS about a week ago to replace reflector.
But until today they did not read it.

So I post this at here to find HDS's salesman or any other person who related with HDS.

kj2

Flashaholic
Henry, the HDS man, does have a CPF account, but isn't to active here. Might want to drop him a second mail. He is quite a busy man :)

ScottFree

Newly Enlightened
Hello.

I have a problem to my HDS EDC Nichia219B recently I bought it.
It's reflector has some dings on surface. And border line of reflector is not perfectly clean finish.
See photos. (link http://imgur.com/a/fRUOO)

5jJnRp6.jpg

zF1sHtS.jpg

Anyway I sent a e-mail HDS about a week ago to replace reflector.
But until today they did not read it.

So I post this at here to find HDS's salesman or any other person who related with HDS.

I always thought of HDS as a one man operation.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does this affect the actual operation of the light? That's probably the first question he would ask you. Henry sees his lights as tools rather then art pieces, so certain cosmetic flaws like an "imperfect" reflector are unlikely to catch his attention during a quality control inspection.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO this reflector is beyond "imperfect". It looks all bubbly on the edge and like someone gashed at it with a screwdriver and hammer. I'm very surprised this passed the QC process.

one man who does a great operation!.

I most certainly wouldn't want him operating on me. Oops! That's going to leave a mark!

Does this affect the actual operation of the light? That's probably the first question he would ask you. Henry sees his lights as tools rather art pieces, so certain cosmetic flaws like an "imperfect" reflector are unlikely to catch his attention during a quality control inspection.

Why do you assume the flaw is only cosmetic? Tool or art, his lights are expen$ive. There shouldn't be any question, only an apology and a replacement.

IMO this reflector is beyond "imperfect". It looks all bubbly on the edge and like someone gashed at it with a screwdriver and hammer. I'm very surprised this passed the QC process.

QC process, I don't think Henry even L@@Ked at it.

Damn, that's ugly.

Damn, that's funny. ^

~ Chance

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would have said that looks like they used tin foil as the reflective material...but your description is accurate as well.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought most of these guy-on-a-forum boutique makers all had some kind of disclaimer, beam artifacts to be expected, not for white wall hunters, if doesn't meet your expectations either lower your expectations or return it etc. because they have enough people lining up after you... not hds?

recDNA

Flashaholic
I most certainly wouldn't want him operating on me. Oops! That's going to leave a mark!

Why do you assume the flaw is only cosmetic? Tool or art, his lights are expen$ive. There shouldn't be any question, only an apology and a replacement.

QC process, I don't think Henry even L@@Ked at it.

Damn, that's funny. ^

~ Chance
+1 I couldn't agree more. It's not important what Henry "considers" his lights. It's important what customers who pay over $300 expect in a flashlight. I buy my tools at Sears.

Reese

Newly Enlightened
I have a older 180 lumen clicky tactical. Anyway I accidentally left it on the side of a bobcat after installing chains and it was temporarily lost. Later that day I found it out on the road & it had been ran over a few time by a 220 loader with chains on. There was metal and paint pealed off the side in several places. Still has a watertight seal and works perfectly. HDS is the best company I've bought lights from!! Hands down.
I always deal direct though.

msim

Enlightened
I have a older 180 lumen clicky tactical. Anyway I accidentally left it on the side of a bobcat after installing chains and it was temporarily lost. Later that day I found it out on the road & it had been ran over a few time by a 220 loader with chains on. There was metal and paint pealed off the side in several places. Still has a watertight seal and works perfectly. HDS is the best company I've bought lights from!! Hands down.

Would love to see a picture of this light. I think a lot of us get a kick out of beat up lights here. :)

recDNA

Flashaholic
That's great but the picture of the reflector in that guys flashlight looks worse than anything I've bought from Chinafire for a buck 3.80. and the user has no way to know if the beamshot is "acceptable" by Henry's standards unless he already owns a properly built model of the exact same version.

BTW, at that price the beam should be acceptable to anybody's standards. You may not care but many of us do. I don't care if my flashlight works after a nuclear blast or if it works after being run over by a truck. Those things have never and likely will never happen to my flashlights.

Last edited: