Nitecore TM36 Questions

RemcoM

Enlightened
Hi,

1 Can i unscrew the batteriepack, from my TM36, and attach, the batteriecarrier, from my TM15, and put in, 4 18650,s?

Is this safe, and not damage the light?

2 Does it not lose in intensity...kcD....and runtime?

Thank you.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
What you are describing is the TM36 Lite. There is absolutely no problem with using the cell carrier from any of the other TM lights instead of the battery pack that came with the TM36. The only drawback is the reduced run time. Some users have reported that when using the smaller cell carrier that the TM36 feels more unbalanced due to the lack of weight in the smaller cell carrier.

RemcoM

Enlightened
What you are describing is the TM36 Lite. There is absolutely no problem with using the cell carrier from any of the other TM lights instead of the battery pack that came with the TM36. The only drawback is the reduced run time. Some users have reported that when using the smaller cell carrier that the TM36 feels more unbalanced due to the lack of weight in the smaller cell carrier.

But no loss, in intensity, with the attached, TM15/26, batteriecarrier/4 18650,s?

What are your most powerful throwers/floodlights?

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The cell carriers put out the same voltage as the rechargeable pack, the pack just has twice the number of cells in it. So nothing changes except the run time and the balance of the light.

I have a Nitecore EA8 and a TM16GT as my throwers, but they both have enough spill to qualify as reasonable floods as well. If I really want a floodier beam I grab my TM11 or EA41, depending on how far I want to throw as well.

RemcoM

Enlightened
Hi,

I read, that the highbeam of a 2016 mercedes benz C class...LED headlights, are producing 5 lux, at 170 meters distance...how much kcD is that?

My Fenix TK75, has 90 kcD, and my Nitecore 320 kcD...........600 meters reach......with 0,25 lux......TM36...1100 meters.....0,25 lux,

At what distance, will the TK75, and the TM36, produce 5 lux?

Can it outThrow, the highbeam, of that Mercedes with very intense LED headlights/HIGHbeams? Just a questions, to try to calculate the reach of my 2 thrower flashlights.

Can somebody calculate this? How to do this?

Im not really good, in calculate measurements.

Thank you.

Remco