Will a Streamlight Stinger thread get me BANNED?

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight%20Stinger%20Lithium-ion%20Battery%2075176_1.jpg
I

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's actually more about the battery than anything. I think i've carried the stinger since it first hit the market in the 90's. never had a problem with it after using in some of the harshest environments. and that was the halogen (xenon) version. Though i might get flogged for saying so, seeing that li-ion battery makes me want to purchase a new hl version just for nostalgia. i want to just plug it in the car and leave it there, except for days when extreme temps are afoot.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Stinger is cool. The incan version sucked. Runtime was horrendous. LED version is nice. Streamlight has very high quality control and most are constructed to higher safety standards than any other brand out there which is why police and fire use them. They don't get the gee-whiz threads that other lights get, but they are very high quality. They are duty lights.

motohooligan

Newly Enlightened
I like my Stinger LED HL DS. I've carried a stinger on my duty belt since the incan days and even put an LED upgrade in my XT. If only it came with a High CRI LED, it would be near perfect. I love the dual switch. I wish there was a lower low, but overall, a great light.

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
My department issues Stinger Classic LED lights. They are interesting, but I always reach for my Hound Dog.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think a super low would make the light more useful but I don't think streamlight thinks that way. It's more like, here's a light for tactical situations, anything else use something else.

Furthermore, I mentioned to my wife that we could pass by the factory while on our way to Hershey park. It should just as much fun as sesame place or the philly zoo. She wasn't amused.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not the light you post about that gets you banned but how and what you post about it.

The rules are pretty clear

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stinger is a great light. US made at Streamlights Pennsylvania plant.

Surely not many LED lights are made in the USA anymore?

It is good to see a company still producing stuff in the USA when most of the world's needs are fulfilled by plants in China.

I had an old Incan Stinger for a long time when I did my electrical work but one day I left it in a roof and could not find it.

That really sucked as it was more handy than using a MiniMag AA penlight.

CHEERS

JB007Rules

Newly Enlightened
Excuse my ignorance but why would someone get banned for posting about this particular light? I don't know anything about this (Never heard of it til now) but is there something I'm missing which is controversial or something?

Thanks!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
They wouldn't. There's just not much talk of streamlight because they don't like to share info on their lights with us.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
They wouldn't. There's just not much talk of streamlight because they don't like to share info on their lights with us.

What kind of info? They provide runtime graphs for most of their lights. I find that very useful info. Most guys around here can identify the LED by sight, so calling everything C4 doesn't bother me at all.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excuse my ignorance but why would someone get banned for posting about this particular light? I don't know anything about this (Never heard of it til now) but is there something I'm missing which is controversial or something?

Thanks!

Just a sarcastic figure of speech because Streamlight is almost never mentioned around here. No particular reason.

I suppose it's because they make tactical lights, and almost nothing else. Just good, solid, duty lights. Most people wouldn't edc one.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Just a sarcastic figure of speech because Streamlight is almost never mentioned around here. No particular reason.

I suppose it's because they make tactical lights, and almost nothing else. Just good, solid, duty lights. Most people wouldn't edc one.

What?
Really?

Now 007, if a member of the administration sees a problem, then calls out the problem causer...say somebody who really, really, really, really hates Streamlight and goes on and on about how bad they are, getting other members all whipped into a riotous frenzy, then argues with said administrative person... then they typically get a week off, but not banned entirely...

Usually what happens is the person who is nasty about it just goes away.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
The first rule of banning is you don't talk about banning. :nana: :banned:

Carry on with the Streamlight discussion. ;)

Capolini

Banned
Streamlight is 7 miles from my house in EAGLEVILLE, PA. A lot of local police depts. use them. Any problems they just go to the facility and get them fixed,on the spot or a free loner,,,that is what officer AQUILANTE from the Schuylkill Township police department told me!

He is a flashaholic and was VERY impressed w/ my TK61vn V4, M2Xvn, TK75vn!!!!! He may purchase one of Vinhs lights!

A friend of mine has a stream light.One of the newer models,a decent light but terrible[in my mind] battery configuration w/ those cr123 throw aways!:shakehead,,,,18650 is MUCH BETTER!