Olight M22 Tail Clicky Issues

RCLumens

Enlightened
Greetings,

Was wondering if anyone has had any issues or fix suggestions for an Olight M22 that seems to have
a switching issue. As per the UI, I like to have the light set on lowest mode, then do a quick double
click to go into high mode as needed. The problem is that the high mode does not stay on - when I do the full press
it sometimes shuts off. Was wondering if there's any problems around this? I'm also using the Olight 18650's in the light as well -

Many thanks for any suggestions in advance.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
take apart the tail switch, clean the metal parts with if you by any chance have it-Deoxit D100. If not then grab some rubbing alcohol and Q-tips and go over the metal parts in the switch assembly. Once that is done unscrew the rest of the light so you have the head and tube. Clean the flat ends of both ends of the tube these are electrical conduction points. Then do the same to the metal parts in the bottom of the head. Then screw it all back together and see if that cures it. I highly advise that you get a can or two of Deoxit D100(Deoxit red). When you have a light that works on the head twist principle to go through modes you must keep all the contact points clean. I have 14 Eagletacs. 12 of which work on the head twist to go through the modes method. All it takes is the slightest bit of oxidation or fouling of primarily the points in the head and the end of the tube that screws into the head to cause all kinds of problems.

Yesterday one of my ET T25C2's started making a high pitched whining sound and one of the modes vanished. Luckily I had just gotten a new can of Deoxit D100. Sprayed all the contact points in the tail cap,the tube and in the bottom of the head. While still pretty wet with Deoxit I put it back together(no battery)and as per the directions on the can worked the head back and forth slowly making sure the Deoxit gets the entire contact path between the heads contact points and the end of the tube that screws into the head. Took it back apart, used lint free cloths to wipe off any excess then put it back together again with the battery. The high pitched whine was totally gone and I got my missing mode back. Deoxit also lubricates so now turning the head is smooth and easy. Good luck....