Hate rubber anyone?

Smjsychj

Newly Enlightened
Anyone not a fan of rubber switch like me?

I prefer metal to rubber any day. Rubber buttons looks cheap, rubber is not stable, some people are allergic to it, and the touch is not great.

Glad to see more flashlight change to metal side switches nowadays, like Fenix Pd32. Now please start replacing the tail switch:)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I like rubber switches for a lot of reasons.
My top 5 are:

Much easier to grip with wet hands.
Does not conduct heat readily.
Comes in various colors.
Way more comfy than metal.
Gives people something else to gripe about.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
And, unless there are rubber under the metal switch, it wont be waterproof.

Poppy

Flashaholic
The Convoy S2+ has changed to a metal tail switch.

See the S2+ Review HERE, by Maukka.

wniQozzWilaXlZvr7kI0mZn4mvFsvKIQxFI49lRXtKh8JARma2uC4__EqiNUSTykta_FxKbwKXBMdV_BSmXFX0udLnATb2B3ge5d3BGCjy9uFaC4wJVJRNDV4_7zK61jAgpsPOaAgWXL4mBWKwFQsQnz9j3hW3K6UFJU0JY3d72d4oO57B3WhrPBTR4kmM_8bWAysFF1G0bOD2JIM-HiVSn3sD-457agk93_5ohLDcNgJ3wNH-jhvxSg9CuU5Is5X10VHR3quaGxvPNu1mFVu9ydH5v7VYBhC_ipizC7zncRu1_zdz9zvvnh7pzlWce1ZbEgWMN3pa00qlkqM6jd2lXcJhmy_KWqJZKVL-C_na5E_wrowSUyu5fPfM7MNxTWeIgewZJ0djyfnqT7R6yIArX-8f5v-YhmWcT8h71DZO2N9Wh5313FHBIwrti7d6wLG93kwUjBpD-JTFNKnIvRCFl4eeMokz7ybGyDvHGj-kRHB5buGuWlSb681sywxWmo0xzKHPlXJ0aLADBTSpNH3qUWx-tuQw7SRtCxU-jXVfUI7oX5q4t5azJd5sojHscNXSmZDi-M_IRG9T6hpVaBcoBKSOTSvHU=w436-h775-no

Last edited:

MX421

Enlightened
Personal preference (or mood) i guess. I like the rubber/silicone switches for a side switch as long as they are easily distinguishable from the surrounding material. That way i can find it. If they made a metal one that was distinguishble from the bodty, that'd be pretty cool. Other features usually take precedence over the switch material though. I only own one rear metal switch (a S2+), but I think i prefer the rubber ones i have. If its cold, i prefer a rubber switch.

Smjsychj

Newly Enlightened
Maybe just a personal preference then. I don't care about color, gripping is not a problem as long as the torch body has a good grip.

I like rubber switches for a lot of reasons.
My top 5 are:

Much easier to grip with wet hands.
Does not conduct heat readily.
Comes in various colors.
Way more comfy than metal.
Gives people something else to gripe about.

DMS1970

Enlightened
On olights, I prefer the metal button (still has a light for low battery) to the rubber covered buttons on the rest of the baton line.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am ok with both but plenty of tech stuff these days are equipped with silicone covered switches,my latest Bose has it and the remote that comes with it.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone not a fan of rubber switch like me?

I prefer metal to rubber any day. Rubber buttons looks cheap, rubber is not stable, some people are allergic to it, and the touch is not great.

Glad to see more flashlight change to metal side switches nowadays, like Fenix Pd32. Now please start replacing the tail switch:)

Some people are allergic to metal.

I chose the rubber boot over the metal cover on my V11R because the metal one was frequently binding up.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
titanium is hypo allergenic. Steel and especially copper some people have bad reactions to. I like my rubber and silicone switches. Have not seen a poor quality rubber or silicone switch in an awful long time.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Automobiles wouldn't be moving with out quite a bit of rubber or stopping for that matter. One could use synthetic- rubber but that is what was so innovative about the organic rubber, it was able to be harvested like maple syrup.

RunnersLunge

Newly Enlightened
I don't mind the rubber button for the LD02s or L10Cs in the least. However, I haven't been too impressed with the click button for the Preon1CU. I haven't used it too much yet so perhaps it improves.

I actually think it may have as much to do with the length of the buttons needing to be pressed. The thrunite tst5 is metal and it doesn't feel particularly smooth during engagement either.