Pelican m6 problem

Scotsman1886

Newly Enlightened
I picked up a used pelican m6. Incandescent, cr123 powered. It doesn't work and I'm looking for guidance.
Batterys are good, bulb tests good(continuity with ohm meter) switch also tests good. What am I overlooking?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, clean all threads, if it has a clicky switch, take it down and try cleaning it well.

Do you know how to bypass the tail cap? I would test that to help narrow things down a little.

Basically remove the cap, use a paper clip or small wire to touch side tail threads on the body and negative terminal of battery. Let us know what you get.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ Or the take a draw reading thing using device that said cells and bulb are ok using negative clipped to the body and positive touching the cell.
If it lights that way give Pelican a call. They'll hook ya up with a new tailcap.
But like Str8 said a good cleaning may be the solution.

Maybe carefully stretch the spring on the bulb assembly too. Give springs a bit of scuff/clean with sandpaper.

I put a Malkoff MD2 tail cap on mine. Looks great and now it tailstands. Recently Malkoff Devices had some blemished tail caps for half price.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I forgot that. Peli guarantee for life, they're good like that. I bought a used one on the bay and sent it back to them, explaining that it was used by someone other than me and they replaced it. But try the tricks above first, may save a lot of hassle, and you'll learn something too.
P