Question for Dave: GG vs. knurl

Rudi

Enlightened

The Spy's Gunner-Grip and the Springfield Knurl are both gorgeous. So why, Dave, were you willing to spend a year perfecting the knurl after your success in perfecting the GG?

Does the knurl have advantages over the GG, whether esthetic, functional, or manufacturing? Or were you motivated by the satisfaction of (again!) breaking new ground?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Spy's Gunner-Grip and the Springfield Knurl are both gorgeous. So why, Dave, were you willing to spend a year perfecting the knurl after your success in perfecting the GG?

Does the knurl have advantages over the GG, whether esthetic, functional, or manufacturing? Or were you motivated by the satisfaction of (again!) breaking new ground?

I have been fascinated with knurling a flat surface for many years. Don't think I could even tell you why. I tried and failed to do it way before the GG. When I decided to leave the flat sides of the new 007 body larger than they were before (stealth not included), I started hunting for something new. I do not perceive it having a different functional grip than the GG and manufacturing wise they are about the same. I was really wanting a new esthetic to add to the Sapphire.

Cheers
Dave

Zandar

Enlightened
Once again your making it hard on us! You know very well that a 007 Saphire is in my future and now I'm left in unenviable position of deciding which finish or finishes to choose! I love the old SWGG but that new SW Springfield is calling out to me as well. I knew that new man cave was going to lead to " bigger and better things" but I never even suspected that the venerable SWGG would be the first casuality in your mad quest to "perfect" an already perfect light. Look what you done, you mad man!

Last edited: