Single battery edc light

vilasman

Newly Enlightened
I am really tempted to buy a nitecore ec11 , slightly less tempted to get a s1 baton... but let's see what the forum says. First I have both zerohour flashlights and a nebo slide,twist,big Larry and 2 of their cr123 lights. I am an electrician. What I want is a pocketable, single battery light, that if I need to go into a pitch black power room to find a breaker and it's not too bright. On another hand I need something that will brightly light all of a 60-100 ft attic or storeroom so I can see the bee hives or other creatures that sometimes hang out in them. Lastly I want something that I happen to find a vagrant in a store room I can flash him in the eyes and leave them blinded for a few minutes. I have a bunch of milwaukee m12 and m18 lights for portable area work lights. I think I may really want a ec11 sized zero hour relic. Any thoughts? A second question would be I want a light with a tight enough bright enough beam to be able to up light up a person a half to 3/4 mile away and they know that they are lit up. We have a farm and the road entrance is a little over half mile from the house and the tree line is maybe 4-5 football fields away.

FMKeith

Newly Enlightened
As far as I know there is no light that is pocketable and will throw 4-500 yards. Other than that all of your other request are very well filled by the ZebraLight SC63. It is a very bright light but also has many other easily accessible dimmer modes from 0.01lm to 1,300lm.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know there is no light that is pocketable and will throw 4-500 yards. Other than that all of your other request are very well filled by the ZebraLight SC63. It is a very bright light but also has many other easily accessible dimmer modes from 0.01lm to 1,300lm.

Yeah I was thinking something like an Olight M3X or a Nitecore TM16.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
What I want is a pocketable, single battery light, that if I need to go into a pitch black power room to find a breaker and it's not too bright. On another hand I need something that will brightly light all of a 60-100 ft attic or storeroom so I can see the bee hives or other creatures that sometimes hang out in them. Lastly I want something that I happen to find a vagrant in a store room I can flash him in the eyes and leave them blinded for a few minutes.

Check into the Zebralight SC5w... I'm probably biased since I love mine.... AA light with very efficient runtimes and customizable output levels - should be able to withstand some drops too due to the great build quality. If you need 300-500 lumens you can have that option with a single click, if you need a moderate 60 lumen output with a long runtime you have that option too.. Also, the strobe mode is nauseating!

I have the S1 Baton and personally I don't care much for the less than ideal runtime that comes with using RCR123 batteries.... S2 Baton (have that too) would give you a much longer runtime with the 18650 battery and it's still very compact and pocketable...

vilasman

Newly Enlightened
I probably wasnt clear...but I was thinking 2 different lights. One for edc come home and charge every night. A second light
For when I am on the farm that has maybe a half mile throw if that is possible

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Either the EC11 or its cousin the EA11 would work great for your first purpose. For the second I would recommend the TM16GT. It is a four 18650 cell light with four XP-L Hi emitters, and will throw the distance you want (rated at 1.1 km, which is about .7 mile). Remember, you might not see too much at that range, but the person or animal you are lighting up will definitely know they are being shined on.

I have both lights (EA11 and TM16GT), and love them. The only draw back is that the TM16 does not come with a holster. I found a nice Acebeam one on Ebay that fits like a glove, but it is no longer available. I am not too enamored of the current Lyte holster that is advertised there as fitting the TM16/TM16GT, but that is a personal opinion. One member said they were able to order the Acebeam TK70 holster, and that it worked fine.