HWAWYS Ultrafire 18650 t6 torch no undervoltage cutoff? And stuck mode button cycle..

jamezmon

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone couple of questions for you if you could answer either it'd really help me out -

1) Just tested the runtime of an HWA WYS Ultrafire 18650 5-mode t6 torch I bought about a year ago - great light output,

Checked the battery voltage every 20-40 minutes, but the torch kept going, at (tested with light meter) the same brightness, below 3.5v, final readout on the bat was 3.48 then I stopped the test.

As I said, no brightness dropoff - can someone explain what happened?

I'm assuming as it's a cheap torch it just simply doesn't have a low votage cutoff, am I right in this assumption? And therefore I should just make sure I keep an eye on how long they've run for when using for long time, and what the voltage is, before the torch drains the battery into oblivion and risks damaging the LED? Can someone confirm that's how some of these torches work, they just keep going and drawing more and more current?

2) I tested two of these at the same time and the first part of the test was on 'High' mode, the torches get very hot quickly in this mode - now one of them is stuck on 'high' mode - the clicky bottom won't cycle through the 5 modes the torches have, what happened there? However, if I use the multimeter to test current draw from the torch at the tail end - and disconnect and reconnect it DOES cycle through the modes - why has the button stopped working?

Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks!
James