【Review】LUMINTOP Worm 4.0 Gen AAA LED Keychain Flashlight Simple Review

luckydog13

Newly Enlightened
My First Review - From a lady's view :naughty:

I Got the trial qualification on Lumintop Worm 4.0 (The 4th​ Generation) as staff. I had it played on hand for days In generally, the 4.0 Worm have a great improvement on the twist hand feeling to turn on/off or switch modes with silicone ring around the head. This is worthy of recognition at this point for lumintop keep improved their products. Also with one additional Clip added to increase its practical characteristic as ideal keychain light.

Here is official Worm 4.0 specifications from LUMINTOP website:
1) Utilizes CREE XP-G2 (R5) LED with 50,000-hour lifetime
2) Output mode/Runtime: High: 110 lumens/30 Minutes, Mid(Default): 32 lumens/4 hours, Low: 5 Lumens/36 hours
3) 3 modes: Mid(Default)-Low-High
4) Max Beam Intensity and Distance: 553cd, 47 meters
5) Runs on: 1 x AAA (NOT included) (10440 Not Recommend)
6) Dimensions: Head Diameter: 0.55" (14mm); Body Diameter: 0.55" (14mm);
7) Wonderful 7 Colors Available
7 Colored Worms (Graphiack, Golden yellow, Violet, Wine red, Sapphire blue, Apple green, Silver) are high strength aerospace Aluminum alloy construction, and with anti-scratching type HAIII military grade hard-anodized finish process. All aluminum Worms are just 2.64" and 0.42oz(12g)
8) High-efficiency digitally regulated circuit to maintain a constant brightness as battery life diminishes
9) Precision micro-textured reflector creates smooth, optimized beam
10) Double-side AR coated, tempered window resists impact and thermal shock, maximizes light transmission (99% light transmittance)
11) Glow-in-the-Dark front O-ring around reflector will give you a fantastic experience
12) Simply rotate the head to easy access to all functions
13) Capable of standing up securely on a flat surface to serve as a candle
14) Impact resistance to 1.5 meters and waterproof in accordance with IPX-8 (submersible to 2 meters)
15) Market applications include, but are not limited to everyday, keychain, gift, hardware/tool and many other uses
16) Operation: Easily twist the head to turn on/off and tighten/loose the head to change modes (Mid-Low-High)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a complete set of worm which includes
1 x Worm
1x Key-ring
2x O ring
It packed in a clear simple plastic box with outside Black sleeve.
P1110226_zpsirn68ddg.jpg
P1110243_zpsezeaxqdn.jpg
P1110242_zpsqttijheb.jpg

Design

The whole body just like a worm so that why "Worm", isn't that cute J
It is matt finish but I like the gloss on the surface very much and I think it is very beautiful.
P1110161_zpst9cpozj8.jpg
Img378919800_zpsulchouyc.jpg

Then Let's take more close look on the worm. There is a simple design stainless steel clip and looks firm.
I am try to disassembled the clip and it has glue fixed. I got one without glue and the clip inside is very simple too and
The clip is use simple principle of the physical to work (use Different direction of the force ??) . Clever way~~

P1110180_zpsr9pnbzst.jpg
P1110171_zps8op9hxt2.jpg
P1110302_zpshfu9u9vm.jpg
P1110303_zpsmeehjecd.jpg

And the Glow-in-the-Dark anti –slip ring is removeable

P1110306_zpserjay4gi.jpg
P1110310_zps7gtqmxjg.jpg
P1110133_zpsuo8q6z4g.jpg

OP reflector and CREE XPG2 R5 LED
P1110184_zpscd6dzoly.jpg

Glow-in-the-Dark front O-ring

P1110132_zpsvnk8vtbk.jpg

Compared to AAA Flashlight, from left to right:
Lumintop Copper Tool AAA, Tool Ti, SS worm. Bronte RA01 maratac AAA and Worm. We can see that the worm size is very compact.
P1110158_zps8wm3d4eb.jpg
P1110192_zpsl0bfdx5g.jpg

UI User Interface
Lumintop Worm UI is very simple. Just twist the head right or left to turn on/off or switch modes.
The default modes is from mid modes and it will cycle from Mid-Low-High, no memory. With silicone ring on head, it is Ok to change modes with one hand now.

P1110204__zpsbn6epecm.jpg

Uses 1 x AAA battery
P1110174_zpsuobov5tz.jpg

The runtime test on high mode looks good

QQ20160615175402_zpsfequwmm7.jpg

I took some photos to show the brightness in actual usage scenarios:

Worm – Low ISO200 F3.2 1/2sec
P1110294_zpserm3ljga.jpg

Worm – Mid ISO200 F3.2 1/2sec
P1110295_zpsflef4goh.jpg

Worm – High ISO200 F3.2 1/2sec

P1110296_zpsv05fnzwi.jpg

Conclusion:

Which moves me most is the worm is a little short even on a lady's hand so when you switch modes by one hand on this little light. It is a little tight which is not as good hand feel as tool AAA. But as mini keychain flashlight with added keychain ring and clip features, Lumintop 4TH​ Gen Worm is not bad Choice. The brightness can satisfy daily use and size is small & lite weight enough for everyday carry.

Last edited:

cmd

Newly Enlightened
Re: 【Review】LUMINTOP Worm 4.0 Gen AAA LED Keychain Flashlight Simple Review

Nice review, thank you. I'm so tempted to get one of these, needs to be copper with a Nichia 219b though. It is a beautiful design.

The only thing holding me back is the little old four sevens mini 123 warm already on my key chain.

markr6

Flashaholic

Thanks for the review!

I just saw these for $18 which sounds great. But I'll never buy a light, especially a small one like this, that does not start on low. That M-L-H is a deal breaker for me. And yes, it desperately needs the Nichia 219!

Frank A.

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the review!

I just saw these for $18 which sounds great. But I'll never buy a light, especially a small one like this, that does not start on low. That M-L-H is a deal breaker for me. And yes, it desperately needs the Nichia 219!

Agree 100% on the L-M-H order.

ronniepudding

Enlightened
How is the feel of the clip? Tension, sturdiness, ease of clipping it on to and off of a pocket? I like the addition of a clip... If it is in fact functional :)

The rubber band on the head though, looks like an afterthought. I realize that I can just take it off, but the review implied that one handed operation was difficult without it. So how about including some grip elements in the machining process, Lumintop?

Last edited:

luckydog13

Newly Enlightened

How is the feel of the clip? Tension, sturdiness, ease of clipping it on to and off of a pocket? I like the addition of a clip... If it is in fact functional :)

The rubber band on the head though, looks like an afterthought. I realize that I can just take it off, but the review implied that one handed operation was difficult without it. So how about including some grip elements in the machining process, Lumintop?

The clip is tension enough and when I clip it on a pocket~ Yes, the silicone band was added afterthought to improve the twisting problem now~

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

I ain't gonna lie, I want that gitd ring for my SS Worm. I had been thinking about this very kind of thing to make twisting easier and add more gitd visibility. I wonder if there's any way of getting one without getting the new light.

Sarratt

Enlightened

I just received mine today based partly on this review.
Sadly my clip is not removable like the one in the photo above. :(
I can you explain how you removed the clip ?

Thanks and thanks for the review.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bought one of these for my 11yo son for Christmas stocking stuffer. Seems like a pretty decent little light, the black version is the least expensive of them all. I don't care for the mode order or tint, but he likes it so that is all that matters.

a16

Newly Enlightened

I wonder why they didn't inlay the silicon ring? Maybe there isn't enough metal to cut away without making it so thin it'd bend.
I guess this is off topic, but does anyone know if this torch existed as a AA version, would it run longer/brighter? I've never really been a fan of AAA batteries because I've never got much power out of them for various uses. TV remotes are OK I guess. I haven't conducted even vaguely scientific tests, so it could be a misplaced prejudice.