AAA vs. AAA-Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

adimag

Newly Enlightened
I saw on Arc's website that they have both the AAA and AAA-P available. Do the both use the "S" bin brightness led and only differ in tint or does the standard AAA use a different led that is not as bright? I am going to order a AAA, but the tint of it is not that important to me. If they are the same brightness, then I will go with the standard. Any opinions?

paulr

Flashaholic
They differ only in tint. Frankly the tint difference is probably more noticable than a tiny brightness difference. Also, it's best not to get too worked up about the brightness of this type of light. They are fantastically useful at their present brightness and a little bit more one way or the other won't change that. If the standard AAA isn't bright enough for your requirements, another few percent won't help. If you want a brighter light, get an LS.

adimag

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Paulr, I just wanted to confirm that they are of the similar brightness. I already have an LSL-s and wanted a AAA for edc. I love my LSL, but most of the time I do not need it's brightness. I think the AAA will fit perfectly as my primary edc light.

Status
Not open for further replies.