FourSevens        
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING FENIX PRODUCTS

Default Re: IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING FENIX PRODUCTS

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird13 View Post
    Glad to know this and another reason why I will only buy my surefire products .period
    Reminds me posts in Windows thread that Linux rocks (which is not)

I think the main reasons why Fenix wholesalers such as your shelf do not want Fenixlight.com to advertised your sub dealers is because you will be competing with the two other main Fenix wholesalers as you told us that there are three or two Fenix wholesalers.

On another note, you are right, there are too many Fenix dealers in the USA out there. How do I know I am getting an original Fenix product from an authorized dealer.

Not mentioning any Fenix's dealers name. Their web site states in red , "WARNING. Be aware of counterfeit Fenix merchandise in the U.S. marketplace. Click here for more details. Clicked the details and it warns customers of buying overseas like in China and selling below the MAP.

But when I clicked their shopping cart, it has a discount code of 20%. What gives? Very ironic , where they protested about other selling below MAP, they them shelves are doing it. Like you said , am I getting a refurbished light or is the competition among Fenix wholesalers is so great and that is the only way they can compete.

I'm sorry you didn't accept our explanation of why it would be very hard to list dealers. Your statement concerning why we don't is not correct. We highly encourage buying from our dealers!

To address the rest, each distributor and dealer is independently owned. If you have questions about a seller's website, please direct that question to that site so that you get an explanation for that seller. It is important to know the seller and read reviews of the seller--just like purchasing any product.

If you have particular question concerning Fenix Store (www.fenix-store.com) or Fenix Outfitters (www.fenixoutfitters.com), please email sales@fenix-store.com.

Quote Originally Posted by royjohnson77 View Post
    I think the main reasons why Fenix wholesalers such as your shelf do not want Fenixlight.com to advertised your sub dealers is because you will be competing with the two other main Fenix wholesalers as you told us that there are three or two Fenix wholesalers.

On another note, you are right, there are too many Fenix dealers in the USA out there. How do I know I am getting an original Fenix product from an authorized dealer.

Not mentioning any Fenix's dealers name. Their web site states in red , "WARNING. Be aware of counterfeit Fenix merchandise in the U.S. marketplace. Click here for more details. Clicked the details and it warns customers of buying overseas like in China and selling below the MAP.

But when I clicked their shopping cart, it has a discount code of 20%. What gives? Very ironic , where they protested about other selling below MAP, they them shelves are doing it. Like you said , am I getting a refurbished light or is the competition among Fenix wholesalers is so great and that is the only way they can compete.

Quote Originally Posted by fenix store View Post
    Here is a HYPOTHETICAL example:
    We as a distributor imports 100 PD35s.
    Fenix will allow a 10% repair rate.
    Fenix ships us 10 parts to support the PD35s.

So do you see why we have to protect the parts we receive? We are responsible to support all 100 PD35 lights that we imported. If we took those 10 parts we got and fixed lights from other distributors or countries, we would not have parts to support our 100 PD35s.

Knowing that, every distributor in the world deals with the same situation. Fenix knows which serial numbers went to which distributor in the world. Everything is tracked. Fenix knows where every light they produce is to be serviced.

Make sense?
    No, it does not.

Of course, Fenix is rational to try to optimize the distribution of service parts based on where it has shipped lights, but placing strict limitations on which warranty centers can service the lights is just customer-hostile. Customers should not be punished for traveling, moving internationally or ordering from overseas. Fenix can send more parts if a warranty center uses them faster than expected. If there aren't enough spare parts on hand for that to work, the warranty centers are understocked anyway and ill-equipped to handle an unexpected increase in the defect rate with a specific batch of lights, to give an example.

I think the real reason for this policy is to discourage people in the rest of the world from ordering from Chinese sites that ignore MAP. Customers shouldn't suffer like that for a pricing dispute between a manufacturer and a dealer.
    Ceilingbounce - flashlight testing and runtime graphs for Android

I think everyone is over analyzing this and subsequently making it look bad for Fenix, who has a pretty simple and easy warranty process in my opinion.

Example - I bought an older PD32 on Amazon years ago. The switch worked intermittently, seemed like it was "stuck". I emailed Fenix, gave them the serial and they directed me to the US distributor, I sent it in and had a working light sent back to me in a week.

Everything worked as it should for me and apparently several others as well.

I have gone to fenixlight.com website and compared their warranty word by word. It seems the wording is very different from Fenix-Stores's.

Is the warranty that you posted is directly from fenixlight.com or warranty created by fenix-store.com ?

If Fenixlight (China) knows about Chinese dealers not complying the MAP, they would have stop it.

I am not here to start an argument but Fenixlight does have the best warranties in the world whereby you do not have to ship back to China for repairs.

Long lived Fenix! Hip Hip hooray!

The Warranty Center policies developed by the manufacturer were done so in the best interest of the customers as well as the service centers. Your statement about customer-hostile is not in line with any of the service centers operation. You have to understand it is in the best interest of BOTH the customer and Fenix's reputation for us to keep our customers' lights operational. That is why the Fenix warranty is so generous. So in those situations where a customer moves to another country, etc., the local warranty center would be flexible enough to service a light. Those are rare occasions of relocations you mention. The Fenix Store warranty center is run by a bunch of people who do all they can to assist customers, whether they belong to that service center or not. Again, we want lights to stay operational. I believe you will find that at all Fenix warranty centers.

Lastly, your statement about discouraging ordering from other countries is not correct. We have exhaustively explained the Fenix policy and the reasoning behind it. It is solely for streamlining parts distribution and workload distribution. There is no ulterior motive as you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    No, it does not.

Of course, Fenix is rational to try to optimize the distribution of service parts based on where it has shipped lights, but placing strict limitations on which warranty centers can service the lights is just customer-hostile. Customers should not be punished for traveling, moving internationally or ordering from overseas. Fenix can send more parts if a warranty center uses them faster than expected. If there aren't enough spare parts on hand for that to work, the warranty centers are understocked anyway and ill-equipped to handle an unexpected increase in the defect rate with a specific batch of lights, to give an example.

I think the real reason for this policy is to discourage people in the rest of the world from ordering from Chinese sites that ignore MAP. Customers shouldn't suffer like that for a pricing dispute between a manufacturer and a dealer.
    Last edited by fenix store; 08-17-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Thank you. PartyPete. Your opinion is one of experience rather than assumption and presumption. We appreciate your sharing your positive experience.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyPete View Post
    I think everyone is over analyzing this and subsequently making it look bad for Fenix, who has a pretty simple and easy warranty process in my opinion.

Example - I bought an older PD32 on Amazon years ago. The switch worked intermittently, seemed like it was "stuck". I emailed Fenix, gave them the serial and they directed me to the US distributor, I sent it in and had a working light sent back to me in a week.

Everything worked as it should for me and apparently several others as well.

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

One additional note, over the years I have ended up with around 18 Fenix lights. To date, not one has needed warranty service. Based on the responsiveness to questions I have asked the Fenix store, I am confident if I ever need warranty work there will not be any issues.

I have had 2 issues over the years, both sorted from China to the UK(lights not actually bought in UK). Shipped free of charge to my address without sending anything off , easy to deal with and good communication throughout. I have confidence in Fenix as a brand and also their warranty and have no problem recommending their lights along with buying their products in the future.

So in those situations where a customer moves to another country, etc., the local warranty center would be flexible enough to service a light. Those are rare occasions of relocations you mention.
    If that's the case, why bother making a post saying this?

Warranty work for Fenix lights is based on the light's serial number. The serial number is traced to a particular country. So when warranty work is required, the light will have to go back to the country from which the light was purchased.
    I understand from your post that Fenix, the manufacturer sets the policy, not you, but it seems like a better policy would be to just restock warranty centers promptly if they run out of service parts. The Fenix lights I've reviewed have all been very solidly built, and I expect them to be reliable for longer than the 5 year warranty period, so I don't expect such an improvement in policy to entail shipping a large volume of service parts. Perhaps you could suggest that to the manufacturer.

I know I would be shocked if I bought a product with distribution centers in multiple parts of the world and the local warranty center wherever I was told me they couldn't fix mine because it came from the wrong place, and I'd probably be disinclined to do business with that company again.
    Ceilingbounce - flashlight testing and runtime graphs for Android

Just look at your red CPF banner. "Authorized Manufacturer". Consumers are going to perceived that you are really Fenixlight, the manufacturer .

A real manufacturer would take the responsibility of full warranty regardless of where the Fenix products are brought. You can not blame customers for this perception.

Ok guys - let's move on. The point of this thread was to inform customers of the policy, and as such I believe everything has been covered, and endless hypotheticals aren't very constructive. If you have a real issue with a flashlight, follow the instructions offered and you will undoubtedly be cared for. Thanks.

A bit of clarification for this comment:

This is the official manufacturer's CPF page. Fenix Worldwide is based in China. They have chosen to work in partnership with Fenix Store to maintain this site. So the answers you see to questions and/or comments are posted in conjunction with the Fenix engineers. Fenix Store and Fenix Worldwide work very closely, communicating on a daily basis on how to maintain and promote better products and services.

Quote Originally Posted by royjohnson77 View Post
    Just look at your red CPF banner. "Authorized Manufacturer". Consumers are going to perceived that you are really Fenixlight, the manufacturer .

A real manufacturer would take the responsibility of full warranty regardless of where the Fenix products are brought. You can not blame customers for this perception.
    Last edited by fenix store; 08-18-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Flashaholic

Just a general question.

Any website that has Fenix in the name example fenix-store.com or fenixlighting.com, are they authorized seller and repair shop?

Default IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING FENIX PRODUCTS

Thanks for the info Rob. I have a trip planned within the next 6 months, so this is important to me. Regards, Mike

carnage

No, that doesn't mean they are authorized repair center. You can call either Fenix Store 800-616-1326 OR Fenix Lighting 888-775-9996 (both USA Fenix distributors) and provide the serial number on your light.
    Both of those are also Fenix Warranty & Repair Centers and can tell you where your Warranty Center is based on your serial number. There are a couple of other sellers in the USA which handle service work on the lights they sell. These two distributors can also let you know if someone is an authorized Fenix seller. Does this answer your question?

Quote Originally Posted by carnage View Post
    Just a general question.

Any website that has Fenix in the name example fenix-store.com or fenixlighting.com, are they authorized seller and repair shop?

Flashaholic

carnage

No, that doesn't mean they are authorized repair center. You can call either Fenix Store 800-616-1326 OR Fenix Lighting 888-775-9996 (both USA Fenix distributors) and provide the serial number on your light.
    Both of those are also Fenix Warranty & Repair Centers and can tell you where your Warranty Center is based on your serial number. There are a couple of other sellers in the USA which handle service work on the lights they sell. These two distributors can also let you know if someone is an authorized Fenix seller. Does this answer your question?
    Yes it does.

Thanks for the reply!

Good information here. I purchased my first Fenix light last year prior to hurricane Irma. A PD35. Never thought about a warranty. I don't remember where I got it, except it was in the US.
    Sounds like if I have a problem in or out of warranty, I could get it repaired. I like that.
    Thank you.
    John

You are exactly correct! Just contact Fenix Store HERE and we will assist with any work needed. It all depends on your serial number for service location. You purchased a best seller!

Quote Originally Posted by Johns957 View Post
    Good information here. I purchased my first Fenix light last year prior to hurricane Irma. A PD35. Never thought about a warranty. I don't remember where I got it, except it was in the US.
    Sounds like if I have a problem in or out of warranty, I could get it repaired. I like that.
    Thank you.
    John

Here is the most important question you'll ever be asked. HAS THE FENIX E01 BEEN DISCONTINUED!!??

Yes, it has had a great life and served many, many people well. Now, the bonus is you can bet it will be replaced with something better. So be of good cheer.

We you a fan?

Quote Originally Posted by gurdygurds View Post
    Here is the most important question you'll ever be asked. HAS THE FENIX E01 BEEN DISCONTINUED!!??

Yes, it has had a great life and served many, many people well. Now, the bonus is you can bet it will be replaced with something better. So be of good cheer.

We you a fan?
    Thanks for confirming that.

I'd be willing to bet that most would consider the E01 a classic.

Since Fenix will likely update it or release something similar here's my humble advice: focus on a pleasing tint, make it tough as nails and perhaps even with two battery efficient low modes, including a moonlight mode.

I......I just can't. I'm sorry......I'm so sorry.

We you a fan?

Flashaholic*

That’s just depressing now that we have a real confirmation
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

I have enough E01’s for my lifetime, but I am putting my faith in Fenix and their ability to recognize that the long life, dependability, and ability to withstand anything is what made it such a great light....thus the new one will retain said traits but perhaps even longer life or brighter, but not at the expense of its “Ironman” reputation...

Do you have or will you have any information about if and or when a replacement or upgraded light will be coming out??

We you a fan?

An upgraded EO1 would be great!

Heres another vote for tough, long running replacement with a warmer tint and maybe a second mode for a medium/low output.

Whatever it is, I’m looking forward to what you guys have in store.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyPete View Post
    including a moonlight mode.
    brilliant!
    a cockroach in everyones pocket

We have asked the Fenix engineer to review all your most-recent comments. So he will see all your thoughts. I'm sure all will be taken into consideration. Thanks for your input! We appreciate your being a part of the Fenix community.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast