Acebeam        

Thread: New Spy 007 Sapphire arrival (with pics), I couldn't be happier

Default New Spy 007 Sapphire arrival (with pics), I couldn't be happier

As I'm delving into the world of custom and semi-custom lights (thanks to a few custom knife friends pushing me into it), I've ordered some of the best that I can get my hands on. I'm still learning the nuances of the hobby, of which there are many, so this was a particularly nerve-wracking experience. One of the most expensive lights available (even in this, the most basic form), and a ton of user-programmable options that I felt initially that I would screw up... this was a daunting purchase.

Luckily, Dave took the time to reassure me that the choice I made in his light, and the option choices were the best for me. I preferred the clean look of the machine finish, which as luck would have it, is the least expensive option. I wanted a more neutral color temp and the max output... just for those times I wanna show it off a little bit, so I chose the Cree XP-L-Hi emitter in 5000k.

The machining is incredible, the fit/finish and just the feel of it in the hand really lets you know you have something special. Dave was great throughout the order, and I got it 7 days after sending in my request.

I am having a soft leather slip-sheath made for it, to protect it from my keys in my pocket.

Since there's no way to upload images here, I'm hoping my FB images show up. Sorry for the image quality, FB compresses the files so much.

Default Re: New Spy 007 Sapphire arrival (with pics), I couldn't be happier

WOW very nice, very special trio there and can sense more to come

Congrats, you are starting in the deep end ...
    ... is the archimedes peak

Enjoy the light I have been carrying the same Tri-V for several years at work without a problem. It has a few bumps but these lights are made to use. I carry 2 spy's all the time.
    Once things leave my hands I am not responsible for what happens.

Default New Spy 007 Sapphire arrival (with pics), I couldn't be happier

I got one recently (also my first cool fall though I have a ton of McGizmos, HDS, etc) and absolutely love it. You certainly started at the top! I just ordered some trits for mine.

Welcome to the forum Jim. The new sapphire SPY is the Rolex of lights, congrats on yours! Great pics of the lights....the SHUN and Interceptor aren't bad either. Use it well.

Enlightened

Jim - I look forward to your review on YOU TUBE

If the sapphire SPY is the Rolex of lights, the TRI V is the Patek Philippe of lights

All the best

Lol you are right. I have a Spy 007 sapphire and two Rolexes, and no TRI V or Pateks. Would love to though!

Congrats Jim. Your pics are always stunning. Would like to see pics of your lights with some of Daniel Minks Renato watches from the past. Now those pics would be a home run hit!