Arc4 semi momentary tactical mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

felder

Newly Enlightened
I just got the light and switched it to semi tactical mode. Then I engaged the button lock setting. According to the documentation, it is my understanding that when the button is pressed in this configuration there should be no visible light emitted from the flashlight. However, I notice that mine does emit light in this setting. It is very little, but it's light nonetheless. It looks like it flashes twice, and the level of brightness is less bright than "triple click mode". Note it's much less light than if the flashlight is locked and not in semi momentary tactical mode.

It'd be nice to have a way of keeping the light from turning on at all.

Anyone else experience this?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is normal. When ever the micro is "awake" the LED glows very dimly.

Every time the button is pressed, the micro needs to wake up to interpret your input. Originally, the design had only the double flash with each press in lock out but I asked Henry to get rid of the double flash in tac mode. He did but had to work within the contraints of the circuit. That is why you see the LED glow dimmly during certain functions.

If you need to protect the light from accidental emission of any kind, I would look at the tail guard option when it becomes available.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.