Usb rechargeable

7hns

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have usb rechargeable favorites under $100 except for Mecarmy? Have a couple of those already. Shocking more lights don't have this

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most the major makers have one or more mini USB rechargeable lights. Fenix, Nitecore and Olight of course McArmy, Eagletac on and on. The down side to these lights is that as far as I know only the Fenix UC35 is the only light of this type that has a mini USB port that is waterproof even without the rubber flap pressed in over it. Also only a couple mini USB rechargeable lights that I know of charge to or past 4.18v be it a single cell light or a 3x18650 light. They also charge very slowly. A separate stand alone quality charger like an Xtar will charge from depletion in half the time to a full 4.20v.

So...this type of light comes mostly in smaller sizes like the Nitecore MH20 series and of course McArmy. Then there is the much larger 3x18650 Olight SR52 series. So what is the size and output you are looking for?

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
What CelticCross said verbatim except I think he meant "micro usb" instead of mini.

To answer the question directly, my personal favorite USB rechargeable light is my mh20gt. Coupled with a decent battery, the mh20gt is a difficult stock light to beat, considering size, functionality, and performance.

Only downside is that they do not offer an nw version of that's what you are into.

Just my opinions solely based on what I own.

7hns

Newly Enlightened
I think I like small lights, nothing too big. The niteye ec r26 looked really good but hearing mixed reviews on their quality.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Niteyes specifically the new ones so far seem to have proven to be lower quality Jetbeams. Like small lights? Cool. there are many MICRO(lol)USB rechargeable lights in this category. My favorite is the Nitecore MH20 series. I have all 3 MH20's the NW standard XML2 is my favorite NC really got the tint down very well. MH20 also charges very well averaging 4.18.4.19v before it is done. The rubber flap that goes over the micro USB port is nice and thick. MH20 comes with a standard USB to micro USB cord, couple spare parts and a decent belt holster. MH20 is pretty short and has a deep carry pocket clip it vanishes into your pocket. It also meets or beats all published specs.

Or you can go small another way for example the longer yet thinner in diameter Eagletac D series micro USB lights. Eagtac almost always offers both a CW and NW version of the majority of their lights to boot. There is MecArmy that have lights in the truly micro sized category that have built in charging.

7hns

Newly Enlightened
Hmm I haven't seen any eagletac that are USB. Will check again. Thanks

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Model DX30LC2-R. Slimmer than a PD35 and a touch shorter with the same output as a PD35. Your choice of CW XP-L HI or NW XP-L HI. Micro USB rechargeable.

CivilGear

Newly Enlightened
Don't know all the brands well yest, but I've used the Nitecore MH20 and it would make a great every day light (for 1X18650) just don't have the funds right now. I also regularly use Nitecore's "Tube" USB rechargeable keychain light, and it's only $10 usd, check out my review here. Nitecore's whole MH series is rechargeable, and the single 18650's are USB rechargeable. Hope this helps! :)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
ah yes Thrunite TC12! XP-L emitter in NW or CW and micro USB rechargeable. PD35 size light with some good throw on it and they are relatively cheap

Latest posts