SF G2 Lexan Lens?

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys, need to replace my banged-up, scratched Lexan lens of my Surefire G2... where* can I get one? I tried the Oveready UCL and Pyrex Borofloat lenses, both won't fit (thicker than the Lexan) without removing the thin o-ring, and compromises the weather sealing. TIA. :candle:

*aside from getting it directly from SF.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Hi guys, need to replace my banged-up, scratched Lexan lens of my Surefire G2... where* can I get one? I tried the Oveready UCL and Pyrex Borofloat lenses, both won't fit (thicker than the Lexan) without removing the thin o-ring, and compromises the weather sealing. TIA. :candle:

*aside from getting it directly from SF.

You need to change the O-ring then they will fit. Don't use the O-ring for the Lexan window though haven't changed from a plastic to glass window in years so forgot what the glass one looks like. Think it's flat or something?

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need to change the O-ring then they will fit. Don't use the O-ring for the Lexan window though haven't changed from a plastic to glass window in years so forgot what the glass one looks like. Think it's flat or something?

The o-rings from the 6P (Pyrex/Borofloat & UCL) are thicker than the one from the Lexan.

The gasket is flat, maybe 1mm thick.

I used it too, to no avail, it won't fit. The Lexan lens is way thinner than the glass.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I admit, it was a version 1 G2 (pre-lockout tailcap), but when I changed from the (bubbled) Lexan to the borofloat ACL I just popped the old lens out and put the new one in. No problems.

Mine is with the lockout tailcap.