Tough day to be a Flashaholic...

scout24

Flashaholic
Well, it's the summer solstice, longest daylight hours of the year in the northern hemisphere. On top of that, it's a full moon. The last couple nights, and the next few here in my little corner of the US will have no cloud cover of note, and tons of ambient light. The corner has been turned though, so to speak, and shorter days are coming! :)

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: that is a relief!!! From the title I had a short lived image of you selling some of your lights for a new Harley :laughing:

I find this time of year great in the uk (excluding rain), better temps, bit of sun, everything green and colourful. Yet frustrated , dark comes too late and having to be up early in the morning stops some use. Luckily i get daily use in work for my fix.......but it's work :thumbsdow

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I was there when it happened last night:

27174986683_9486af402f_o.jpg

Ladd

Enlightened
Yup. I'm just longing for those long dreary cold nights of winter just so I can use my torch! :candle:

LGT

Enlightened
As much as I really appreciate when darkness arrives early, so as to use some of my lights outdoors at 5pm in the winter, while wearing all that winter clothing (and I really do like when it gets dark early) ......I would much rather have the post 8pm sunset in June/July so I could play with my lights while wearing shorts, a t-shirt and boat shoes.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Well, it's the summer solstice, longest daylight hours of the year in the northern hemisphere. On top of that, it's a full moon. The last couple nights, and the next few here in my little corner of the US will have no cloud cover of note, and tons of ambient light. The corner has been turned though, so to speak, and shorter days are coming! :)

You're right, hadn't considered the moon tonight.

Like Ven I was thinking something had happened, like you went crazy and bought the rights to Arc flashlights, and now you're wife is po'd... but the flashaholic voices keep justifying your decision...

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
It doesnt get dark until after 10 here in ID. That is alright though, I have learned to sleep in the daylight that comes at 5 am.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah to be honest I don't mind having less night in the summer. It's a good trade-off to me although the fact that we get to play with lights more in the winter makes up for its dreariness.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
For me the real use of flashlights comes on trips, family get-togethers, camping, etc. I often find myself in dark new places or sleeping in the same room and not wanting to wake someone else up.
Even in summer having a "flashaholic's" light that I can turn on super low is useful. Even in winter the houselights make sure it is not dark at night, now they are even changing out the streetlights with LED.
I do like the longer days, I just have to get myself to go to bed before midnight.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My brother was all excited that the moon was full on the longest day this year.
He played with his kayack longer.

Next day he sent me a text saying "suck'd being a flashlight guy yesterday, huh?"